malaware error

Hi Was scanning for infections, malaware found one (in C/RECYCLER ) and at the same time came up with an error 731 (0 9) and requesting me to report it. When it had finished the scan the show results page was blank. ... Is this a problem with the software coping with this specific infection, or a software bug? Obviously I,m trying to remove the infection...

Greetings stef, and welcome. It's possible that some component of the program became corrupted. Please uninstall Malwarebytes', reboot then reinstall it. Download the latest signatures, then do a scan again and see if things don't improve. Please post back with your results.

edit: since your system is being analyzed in a HijackThis thread, I want you to ignore my instructions as no changes should be made to your system right now except those that the expert who's helping you recommends.