Error Message

Aggrapine

I am really, really new at this.

Got a pop-up message that said Win32.Netsky.Q

Went into the registry and deleted the exe file, can't seem to get rid of the pop up. . . . Down loaded this software after a recommendation from my computer tech at work.

Get the error Message described above and it stated to report it to the people at Malware. . . .

• 1 year later...
I am really, really new at this.

Got a pop-up message that said Win32.Netsky.Q

Went into the registry and deleted the exe file, can't seem to get rid of the pop up. . . . Down loaded this software after a recommendation from my computer tech at work.

Get the error Message described above and it stated to report it to the people at Malware. . . .

I had the same or a related infection, and MalwareBytes, amazingly, solved it 100% (Thank you, MalwareBytes!!), with one twist:

The infection prevented MalwareBytes' installer from writing the file, mbam.exe, so...I installed MalwareBytes on another clean computer and updated it (an option at the end of the installation). I then put that updated copy of mbam.exe on a USB thumb drive, moved it to the infected machine, copied it into the MalwareBytes program folder, and double-clicked it there. I selected full scan, then "Remove" all, and allowed it to restart the computer when prompted. The machine appears fine now.

Good luck!