URGENT: UPDATE fails all the time!!

Hi!!

To be honest I'm a little bit disappointed and annoyed about this issue because I don't understand why I've not been able to do any UPDATE since last 11 th December.

Every day at any time when I try to update the program I get the same message: "Update failed.Make sure you are connected to the Internet and your firewall is set to allow MALWAYREBYTES ANTIMALWARE to access the internet".

I have installed MALWAREBYTES ANTIMALWARE for many weeks: it's definetely a good antispyware and its scanner is fine, but since last 11/12 the updater doesn't work at all (my current database version is 1456)!

My internet connection appears to be fine and other software can still update itself. I don't use any proxy server or any firewall that may block the update process.

I've already posted 4 messages in the forum but nobody replied to me giving me a solution to the problem.

I have also sent an email here two days ago:

support@malwarebytes.org

But once again no reply from anybody!!

Please give the matter your earliest attention otherwise I will be forced to remove your program from my PC because if it's not possible to do any UPDATE whatever ANTISPYWARE becomes USELESS!

I had also asked you in the forum 2 days ago if I could download the new database version (1498 at the moment) offline from the link set out below, asking you how long is usually the temporal gap between the ONLINE and OFFLINE DATABASE VERSION, but once again NO REPLY from anybody!!

http://www.gt500.org/malwarebytes/database.jsp

Do I have to wait until next year to get an answer from somebody in order to sort this issue out once and for all?

Cheers from Italy!

I'm in the same boat as both of you, both update servers are down the MBAM website was down and i am just now allowed to get to the security forum.

Question is Malwarebytes security forum part of Wilders Security forum which was down as well and has just since been fixed?

I'm in the same boat as both of you, both update servers are down the MBAM website was down and i am just now allowed to get to the security forum.

Question is Malwarebytes security forum part of Wilders Security forum which was down as well and has just since been fixed?

Today we experienced some hardware issues at the datacenter. During this time throughput to the site was extremely limited, causing delays in updates and website usage. To counter this we took the forums offline for a few hours while the issue was addressed.

At this time full service has been restored, and preventive measures have been put in place to prevent this type of issue from occurring again. You should give the update another try and see if you have better luck, and if not please post here again.

Today we experienced some hardware issues at the datacenter. During this time throughput to the site was extremely limited, causing delays in updates and website usage. To counter this we took the forums offline for a few hours while the issue was addressed.

At this time full service has been restored, and preventive measures have been put in place to prevent this type of issue from occurring again. You should give the update another try and see if you have better luck, and if not please post here again.

Hi!!

I tried to perform the UPDATE from both your MIRRORS (SecurityWonks.net and Malwarebytes.com) but unfortunately I got back the same annoying and mocking message: "Update failed.Make sure you are connected to the Internet and your firewall is set to allow MALWAYREBYTES ANTIMALWARE to access the internet".

So don't know what to do now even though I was wondering why so many people claim to have updated the program without any problem!!

Can this be due to my slow connection (a miserable 56k dial up)??

If so, why had I never experienced any problem till last 11th December?

Look forward for your prompt and hopefully exaustive reply!

Update from malwarebytes.org server went great and all seems normal again, SecurityWonks.net is the only problem but i don't use that server when i update any way.

Can this be due to my slow connection (a miserable 56k dial up)??

If so, why had I never experienced any problem till last 11th December?

I find it doubtfull that your connect speed is the problem. Do you have problems with other downloads that are more than 1MB in size?

Also, I assume you have the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware? Version 1.31 is the latest as of the time of this post. Check on the about tab for the version number.

If you need to, you can download the latest version from here.

As far as the frequency of database updates, Bruce and his team update the database constantly throughout the day, and not at any set or specific times. The offline database installer available through my site is typically updated once each day by Marcin himself.

I find it doubtfull that your connect speed is the problem. Do you have problems with other downloads that are more than 1MB in size?

Also, I assume you have the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware? Version 1.31 is the latest as of the time of this post. Check on the about tab for the version number.

If you need to, you can download the latest version from here.

As far as the frequency of database updates, Bruce and his team update the database constantly throughout the day, and not at any set or specific times. The offline database installer available through my site is typically updated once each day by Marcin himself.

I am having this same problem I have the latest version Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.31 I have this program on my personal computer and my girlfriends and parents personal computer and it runs fine but i put it on my girlfriends laptop and from the day i installed it i haven't been able to update i am getting the same msg that everyone else here is getting... "Update Failed. Make sure you are conneced to the internet and your firewall is set to allow Malwarebytes' Anti Malware to access the internet." I have tried both mirrors, my internet connection is fine, my firewall is set to allow this program access to the internet, i have no proxy server, all my computers are running XP so i don't understand this problem please help...

I am having this same problem I have the latest version Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.31 I have this program on my personal computer and my girlfriends and parents personal computer and it runs fine but i put it on my girlfriends laptop and from the day i installed it i haven't been able to update i am getting the same msg that everyone else here is getting... "Update Failed. Make sure you are conneced to the internet and your firewall is set to allow Malwarebytes' Anti Malware to access the internet." I have tried both mirrors, my internet connection is fine, my firewall is set to allow this program access to the internet, i have no proxy server, all my computers are running XP so i don't understand this problem please help...

Greetings Nick, and welcome. Are you able to access malwarebytes.org on the PC having the issues using Internet Explorer?

Greetings Nick, and welcome. Are you able to access malwarebytes.org on the PC having the issues using Internet Explorer?

Note that being able to access Malwarbytes.org in browsers like Opera, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc. will not answer the question, as Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware uses Internet Explorer's settings when it updates. Make sure that you can get to Malwarebytes.org in Internet Explorer. :)

Note that being able to access Malwarbytes.org in browsers like Opera, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc. will not answer the question, as Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware uses Internet Explorer's settings when it updates. Make sure that you can get to Malwarebytes.org in Internet Explorer. :)

Thank you GT500 and yes I am able to access Malwarebytes.org through Internet Exlporer on the troubled computer and I have also checked and verified that Internet Explorer is set as my default browser.

You can also try the free trial of TuneUp Utilities. I always feel it does a better job.

Ok so I uninstalled Malwarebytes and ran the newest version of reg cleaner ccleaner V2.15 and reinstalled Malwarebytes and still encountered the same problem I also tried to download the TuneUp cleaner but it would not let me update when I got it installed. I'm wondering if these problems are related to my Internet Explorer proxy settings?? But some of my other programs that use Internet Explorer to update are running and updating fine. So I really don't know if thats the issue.

Ok so I uninstalled Malwarebytes and ran the newest version of reg cleaner ccleaner V2.15 and reinstalled Malwarebytes and still encountered the same problem I also tried to download the TuneUp cleaner but it would not let me update when I got it installed. I'm wondering if these problems are related to my Internet Explorer proxy settings?? But some of my other programs that use Internet Explorer to update are running and updating fine. So I really don't know if thats the issue.

Our internal updater doesn't do well with proxy settings... So if you have something specifically customized with IE, that can prevent the updater from working properly. If Ie is toggled to work in offline mode, this will also have a negative effect on the updater.

slight update: securitywonks is having issues. If you switch to the malwarebytes.org mirror you should have better luck getting an update.

Make sure to allow the firewall exception. Any 3rd party firewall will block updates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin
I am having the same problems on XP with both update sites.

Everything worked great just a few days ago.

Please Help!

Please provide a little bit more information so we can assist you better.

What operating system and service pack level are you on?

What version of MBAM are you currently running?

What Antivirus are you using?

What firewall are you using?

How long have you had this issue?