Graphics card issues and error messages

spyguy246

I already posted about this on the AMD forums, but thought I'd give it a shot here while I'm waiting for my other post to be answered.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 3800 on Vista Home Basic. A few weeks ago, I got infected with a trojan. I was able to effectively get rid of it with Malwarebytes, although I think it may still have some hidden files on my computer somewhere. However, ever since I've been getting the following error message at startup:

"Could not load file or assembly 'CLI.Implementation, Version=2.0.3009.39930, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Other than this message, I haven't noticed any changes in performance, except for one thing. Occasionally when I tried to open a game that runs as a large Java program (specifically Runescape), the game would run fine for a minute or two, then suddenly freeze the applet in Firefox and give me a message that popped up from my taskbar telling me it had a problem and recovered. I updated Java and this problem seems to have disappeared.

The problem report I was given was this:

Description: A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2

Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem:

WD-20081208-1305.dmp

sysdata.xml

Version.txt

Extra information about the problem:

BCCode: 117

BCP1: 86A53510

BCP2: 8F40FAB2

BCP3: 00000000

BPC4: 00000000

OS Version: 6_0_6001

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 768_1

Server information: 6f23e298-a0a7-42cc-80cc-b1d06af8ac36

Is any of this indicative of that trojan still hidden on my computer somewhere? Or is it just a result of damage done to my graphics card? On the AMD forums, someone said I might have a C# problem and should reinstall .NET Framework 3.0. When I tried, however, I got the following message:

"You must use 'Turn Windows features on or off' in the Control Panel to install or configure Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0"

When I go there, the checkbox next to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 has a blue box in it. Under it, the boxes next to "Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation" and "Windows Communication Foundation Non-HTTP Activation" are unchecked while the box next to "XPS Viewer" is checked.

Sorry for the novel I just typed. I want to make sure you've got all the info you need.

Greetings. I would try uninstalling your Catalyst drivers and then rebooting then reinstalling them (newest version 8.12) from ati.amd.com and see if that doesn't fix things. If you see any more curious symptoms and suspect you may still be infected after reinstalling, please read the instructions here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2936

and post your logs in a new topic here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=7

Please be sure not to install any software or use any removal/scanning tools exept those that you are instructed to by the expert who will be assisting you as doing so can make their job much more difficult.

I hope I was helpful. Good luck and safe surfing.

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to get the guy who put my computer together in the first place to take a look at it; it won't be very high on my priority list, however. So long as everything seems to be running fine, I'll probably just deal with it. I just wanted to make sure this wasn't immediately pointing to any residual infection.