Updating problem

I have tried to update MBAM on both of my computers (desktop and notebook) and the updating is taking "forever." Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Also, trying to get into this forum is also taking a very long time.

After I closed the download for my desktop, I tried to open the MBAM again, but was told it couldn't open because database was missing and did I want to load. I said yes, and it is still download. The green progress bar at bottom of small download window is moving so very slow. I don't know when it will finish. Hope I am not the only one with this 'problem' tonight.

I think I am just going to click on the "X" at top right of download box and try again tomorrow.

Alice

Yesterday, I had no trouble even though others had mentioned problems in the Wilders forum > Malwarebyte's Server Slow? > http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=227934

Today, however the gremlins struck because the update took forever! Go figure! :) Went from defs 1504 to 1510.

There were a lot of little important updates today , some days there are as many as 10 .

The problems the other day were caused by our popularity , our growth is a lot to handle and even when we plan to do well , we end up doing even better and that translates into higher bandwidth .

We have taken steps to fix things for now but have server moves and app changes that should prevent this from happening again .

There were a lot of little important updates today , some days there are as many as 10 .

The problems the other day were caused by our popularity , our growth is a lot to handle and even when we plan to do well , we end up doing even better and that translates into higher bandwidth .

We have taken steps to fix things for now but have server moves and app changes that should prevent this from happening again .

Hi!!

To be honest I'm a little bit disappointed and annoyed about this issue because I don't understand why I've not been able to do any UPDATE since last 11 th December.

Every day at any time when I try to update the program I get the same message: "Update failed.Make sure you are connected to the Internet and your firewall is set to allow MALWAYREBYTES ANTIMALWARE to access the internet".

I have installed MALWAREBYTES ANTIMALWARE for many weeks: it's definetely a good antispyware and its scanner is fine, but since last 11/12 the updater doesn't work at all (my current database version is 1456)!

My internet connection appears to be fine and other software can still update itself. I don't use any proxy server or any firewall that may block the update process.

I've already posted 4 messages in the forum but nobody replied to me giving me a solution to the problem.

I have also sent an email here two days ago:

support@malwarebytes.org

But once again no reply from anybody!!

Please give the matter your earliest attention otherwise I will be forced to remove your program from my PC because if it's not possible to do any update whatever ANTISPYWARE becomes USELESS!

I had also asked you in the forum 2 days ago if I could download the new database version (1498 at the moment) offline from the link set out below, asking you how long is usually the temporal gap between the ONLINE and OFFLINE DATABASE VERSION, but once again NO REPLY from anybody!!

http://www.gt500.org/malwarebytes/database.jsp

But once again I got back any reply from anybody!!

Do I have to wait until next year to get an answer from somebody in order to sort this issue out once and for all?

Cheers

I, too, am experiencing this difficulty in updating. The update goes to about 167kb and stops. I have closed out the update box, and I receive the error regarding missing database. Is there any info on when this will be corrected? Is this a server overload problem or something I should be concerned about on my computer?

Just to add, I also experience the problem that giovanni reported with securitywonks mirror.

I, too, am experiencing this difficulty in updating. The update goes to about 167kb and stops. I have closed out the update box, and I receive the error regarding missing database. Is there any info on when this will be corrected? Is this a server overload problem or something I should be concerned about on my computer?

Just to add, I also experience the problem that giovanni reported with securitywonks mirror.

Hi

I've also had a problem but I finally managed to download the update but it was very slow - this site also appears to be slow as well.

exile360: it appears that alot of us are not able to update from securitywonks server due to an error that we are getting that states: "Update failed.Make sure you are connected to the Internet and your firewall is set to allow MALWAYREBYTES ANTIMALWARE to access the internet".

I have spent so much time with MBM today (Wednesday, 12/17/08.) Yesterday (Tuesday, 12/16/08) I started this thread with the message that I couldn't get updates for my MBM. If I did connect, I would have to wait so long for the update to download to my two computers. I finally gave up and clicked the "x" in upper right of the MBM update screen.

I tried this morning and with no luck, I gave up. I couldn't even sign in to the MBM forum site (this page). I decided to try again this afternoon and still could not get an update, not get into the Forum. The last time I clicked on the Update button in MBM, I got the message "The database could not be located. Would you like to download an updated copy." I clicked "YES," and got following message "Update failed. Make sure you are connected to the Internet."

I am connected to the Internet and have no problems with any other site/forum.

I tried many, many times to post this message on the MBM board, both morning and now, this afternoon. After I sign in, I get message "Menu has been disabled."

Please, what is going on with the updates and the forum? I have wasted so much time yesterday and today trying to update my 2 computers and trying to log-on to the forum.

What is MBM saying about these problems? I'm sure others are asking the same thing. Would someone please tell me. Has this 'problem' been noted on a 'sticky' on this board informing of progress, resolution, etc.?

Thank you.

Alice

One of the mods posted in another thread that one of the servers had a hardware failiure but it's fixed now, and they have implemented a fix so it shouldn't happen again.

Thank you. Frustrating indeed.

I tried to update again and got pop-up "Update Failed. Make sure you are connected to the Internet and your firewall is set to allow MBAM to access the internet." (Perhaps this is something MBAM might need to 'look into.' Just a thought.)

Got this message a few times yesterday and earlier today (and also in the past). I really don't have the time to try update again as I have an appointment.

Yeah, the site's had some serious issues lately, and there have also been some problems with updating in the software as well (but I think only in the pro version with auto updates), but the auto update issue is something I believe they said they were going to fix with a new version in the next few weeks.

Thank you. Just wanted to mention, my wife has the FREE version of the MBAM 1.31 and she updates manually.

Thank you. Just wanted to mention, my wife has the FREE version of the MBAM 1.31 and she updates manually.

Hi!!

Take a peep here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...amp;#entry40505

THE ADMINISTRATOR has just sent this message:

Today we experienced some hardware issues at the datacenter. During this time throughput to the site was extremely limited, causing delays in updates and website usage. To counter this we took the forums offline for a few hours while the issue was addressed.

At this time full service has been restored, and preventive measures have been put in place to prevent this type of issue from occurring again. You should give the update another try and see if you have better luck, and if not please post here again.

Today, 10:15 PM

And another MEMBER said:

Update from malwarebytes.org server went great and all seems normal again, SecurityWonks.net is the only problem but i don't use that server when i update any way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately I tried to update the SW using the malwarebytes mirror but I got the same mocking message...so I'm forced to use the offline update version.

Having said that I don't undestand why so many people claim to have finally managed to update the program from malwarebytes.org server.

Can this be due to my slow connection (a bloody 56k diaul up)??

If so why I never experienced any problem till last 11 th December?

Cheers from Italy!!

Same problems as other above have stated. I had to go the MBAM main site to redownload the program. I then used the Malwarebytes.org mirror and got the 1367 KB update downloaded in about 20 minutes on my dialup. But that is much better than 604 KB in 30 minutes on the other link. I am sure the mods will get this fixed as soon as possible...thanks to the popularity and usefulness of the program. :)

I was working on a club member's computer yesterday. With the version of MalwareBytes that I had on my USB Flash drive, it wouldn't update. indicating no internet access. NOT!

So I downloaded a new version and I couldn't update so, I decided to run the scan anyway. After twenty or so Error Code 731 (0,9) messages. I gave up. I finally downloaded the Avert Stinger, and got rid of the culprit.