Need Help running Malwarebytes

My pc is infected with spyware guard 2008. I got malwarebytes downloaded by using another pc. I finially got the program to install by changing the name of the exe, But now when you click on the shortcut or the malwarebytes exe nothing happens. The same thing is happing with spybot and AVG. I know it is spyware guard that is blocking it from running any suggestions on how to get it to run?

Thanks

My pc is infected with spyware guard 2008. I got malwarebytes downloaded by using another pc. I finially got the program to install by changing the name of the exe, But now when you click on the shortcut or the malwarebytes exe nothing happens. The same thing is happing with spybot and AVG. I know it is spyware guard that is blocking it from running any suggestions on how to get it to run?

Thanks

I was having the same issue, but changed the name of the install file to "MA" ... if you leave the setup file named "mbam" it wont work, for some odd reason.

Additionally, it hung upon finalizing installation ... I had to walk away - my impatience was getting the best of me.

I came back and was able to ensure that the two boxes were checked and could hit Finalize.

Now, it's just sitting there... not sure what else to do but wait and keep killing the 'Spyware Guard 2008' process that keeps relaunching itself. I've tried everything and just now got this software to install ... still waiting to see if it works or not. Very sad! :)

Hi everyone. Here's a pretty easy way to accomplish what you want to do:

Requires access to a working computer with a CD/DVD burner to create a bootable CD.

http://www.free-av.com/en/tools/12/avira_antivir_rescue_system.html' rel="external nofollow">
  • Avira AntiVir Rescue System
    Avira AntiVir Rescue System is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore. Thus it is possible to:

repair a damaged system,

rescue data,

scan the system for virus infections.

Just double-click on the rescue system package to burn it to a CD/DVD. You can then use this CD/DVD to boot your computer.
The Avira AntiVir Rescue System is updated several times a day so that the most recent security updates are always available.

If you cannot burn the disc using the program, try exiting it; Upon exit it will ask if you'd like to save the .iso. Say yes, and choose a location you will remember. Then you can use your own application to burn the file. If using Nero, just select burn image and choose the iso.

That should remove the rootkit that was installed with spyware guard that's causing you all of this grief. Once the rootkit is disabled, MBAM should be able to run fine and finish cleaning you up.

• 2 weeks later...