BSOD from AV2009

I had a client calling me with a BSOD. The dump code was pointing to bad memory (RAM) after going to the client and testing the memory (which checked out fine) I quized her on her surfing habits and asked if she had installed any hardware (USB) or software. She of course answered NO NO NO. Then I see on her desk a printed out receipt for ANTI VIRUS 2009 from Meyrocorp or Cure-soft. I asked her what that was and she told me MicroSoft bubble told her to DL it.!!!!!!

Her CPU would NOT boot to windows normally, so F8 to advanced mode to boot safe with networking DL your product (The GREATEST BTW) disable TSSserv in Device manager reboot to safe with networking again rename your .exe update and BOOM problem solved.

You guys (malwarebytes) are truley doing GREAT work to Combat these asshats creating this malware crap. keep up the good work and I will have every client of mine paying for you product.

I applaud you........

Mac