Problems with MBAM Update/Database and the Site

Hi,

While I double clicked the MBAM Icon on my pc, I got a message telling me that the current database could not be found, and asked me if I wanted to download a new one. I replied YES, and then it took ages to complete, so I closed down the window. This has been going on for the last 40 minutes, and at the same time I couldn't connect neither to the Forums nor to the MBAM site. When I managed to complete the download, at the end I got an Error Code: 706(9,0)

My connection was good, since everything was working on-line.

Has anyone else the same problems? What was the issue?

Thanks.

TrDo.

Hi exile360,

Thanks for the reply. It looks though that from time to time, MBAM's stability is jeopardized by some Database Updates. It would be nice to have an opinion from someone from the MBAM TEAM.

TrDo.

Getting an opinion from someone working on the database may not be possible right now. Unfortunately they have been swamped lately, and have not had much time for the forums.

I can say that most database issues are fixed in the next update. If you notice an issue, you can always stop by and report it.

Also, if you find yourself unable to update the MBAM database, you can always get the offline database updater. It's not always the latest version, but I think Marcin updates it once each day.

Thank you GT500 for yoyr reply. I will keep in mind about this offline Database updater. This is useful info.

I would appreciate though, if you could let the MBAM team know about the issues, we face from time to time with the Database updates.

Thanks again,

TrDo.

When I managed to complete the download, at the end I got an Error Code: 706(9,0) ... Has anyone else the same problems?

Yes. Except the error code I got was 706 (0,9). It asked me to report it to the MBAM support team.

Like you, I also got a message yesterday, "telling me that the current database could not be found, and asked me if I wanted to download a new one." However, unlike your experience, nothing after that took ages to complete. It all went quite rapidly, and all appears to be fine now.

Just reporting as requested. :)

post-2708-1229458497_thumb.jpg

post-2708-1229458497_thumb.jpg