"%APPDATA%\" and "userappdata" error.

Hi, recently when installing or updating programs (iTunes, Quicktime, even MBAM) I get an error message:

2vl41zn.png

For those who can't see the image, it says: Could not access network location %APPDATA%\.

I print screened this whilst installing the newer version of iTunes, and it is the same for Quicktime - and it won't install the program. Whilst updating MBAM a similar error message popped up (didn't get the chance to print screen it) but it said something similar about "userappdata".

Before this, instaling and updating programs were fine, nothing unusual happened. So I have no idea what had gone wrong. :unsure:

I hope that made sense, and I'll be happy to provide any more information if possible. Thanks in advance for any help! :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest name cool

1. Remove iTunes and related components from the Control Panel

Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order and then restart your computer:

1.iTunes

2.QuickTime

3.Apple Software Update

4.Apple Mobile Device Support

5.Bonjour

6.Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)

Important: Uninstalling these components in a different order, or only uninstalling some of these components may have unintended affects.

If you need more detailed steps on removing these components, refer to the following steps:

1.Quit the following programs if they are running:

?iTunes

?QuickTime Player

?Apple Software Update

2.From the Start menu, click Control Panel.

3.In Control Panel, click the "Uninstall a program" link as shown below. The Programs and Features Control Panel opens.

HT1923_Control_Panel.jpg

Alternately, if you do not see the "Uninstall a program" link, click Programs and Features.

HT1923_Control_Panel_Classic.jpg

4.Select iTunes from the list of currently installed programs. Then, click Uninstall.

5.When asked if you would like to remove iTunes, click Yes.

6.After the uninstallation is complete, do not restart your computer if you are prompted to.

7.If you see other iTunes entries in the list, remove them as well by repeating steps 4-6.

8.Remove any iPod Updater applications that are listed the same way you removed iTunes.

9.Remove all instances of QuickTime the same way you removed iTunes.

10.Remove all instances of Apple Software Update the same way you removed iTunes.

11.Remove all instances of Apple Mobile Device Support the same way you removed iTunes.

12.Remove all instances of Bonjour the same way you removed iTunes.

13.Remove all instances of Apple Application Support the same way you removed iTunes.

14.Restart your computer.

2. Verify iTunes and related components are completely uninstalled

In most cases removing iTunes and its related components from the Control Panel will remove all supporting files belonging to those programs. In some rare cases those though, files may be left behind. After following the previous steps, you should confirm that the following files and folders have been removed. If any are left behind, remove them now:

?C:\Program Files\Bonjour

?C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\

?C:\Program Files\iTunes\

?C:\Program Files\iPod\ Note: Follow the additional steps at the end of this article if you receive the alert "Cannot delete iPodService.exe: It is being used by another person or program" when trying to delete this folder.

?C:\Program Files\QuickTime\

?C:\Windows\System32\QuickTime

?C:\Windows\System32\QuickTimeVR

If you have a 64-bit version of Windows, you will need to confirm that the following folders have been removed as well:

?C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour

?C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\

?C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\

?C:\Program Files (x86)\iPod\ Note: Follow the additional steps at the end of this article if you receive the alert "Cannot delete iPodService.exe: It is being used by another person or program" when trying to delete this folder.

?C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\

?C:\Windows\SysWOW64\QuickTime

?C:\Windows\SysWOW64\QuickTimeVR

Guest name cool

I'm back, and the same thing happened. Couldn't find iTunes or any of the other listed programs, on Safe Mode and Safe Mode with networking.

The only 3 apple related programs I have are Safari, MobileMe Control Panel and the iPhone Configuration Utility. :huh: