REMOVAL

Now i should realize, asking the very people I now reguard as dangerous is foolish, but perhaps you can change my perceptions of your company.

I recently install, updated and ran malwarebytes, and it removed 4 simple worms not found by stopzilla. I don't even know that these were real worms anymore :/. I booted it up this morning, and witnessed MALWAREBYTES WRITE ITSELF INTO MY WINDOWS STARTUP DIRECTORY. I sorta flipped a **** and turned it off, and did this serveral times, b4 i simply let the ****** program permanently invade my computer's windows program. I uninstalled it and searched my computer for malwarebytes manually. I deleted almost everything using utmoveit 3. I restart my comp and watch it install itself AGAIN when windows started up. I cannot delete / remove your program.

If this is a legitmate franchise, I demand / emplore you to tell me why your program has written itself to you're user's windows directory and tell your users how to safely remove your product.

That's strange, if you install the program, it does in fact add a startup entry in the RunOnce key in the registry, but after reboot it is removed, as it is only used by the Pro version to allow it to startup at boot enabling realtime protection. As far as removing the program goes, it should easily be accomplished by running the program's uninstaller through Add/Remove Programs in your Control Panel. If anything is left over, it will be under C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and/or C:\Documents\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes.

One more question, what site exactly did you download the program from? The reason I ask is because it's possible that you may have received a malicious/fake version created by one of the many hackers who create rogue security apps. Valid downloads of Malwarebytes should only come from these sites:

http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-...&tag=button

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Ant...ware_d5756.html

http://projects.securitywonks.net/projects...ls.php?file=158

If this is a legitmate franchise, I demand / emplore you to tell me why your program has written itself to you're user's windows directory and tell your users how to safely remove your product.

You do so through the provided uninstaller. The only thing it leaves behind are preferences in the registry, registration info in the registry, and the quarantine.

Where did you download this copy of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware that you are having trouble with? While MBAM does create a startup item after install, it puts it in the RunOnce key in your registry, and then deletes it after it runs once.

As far as components of MBAM being in your Windows directory, it does install a few drivers that allow for things like direct disk access and delete on reboot, which are what allow MBAM to scan for malware while Windows is booted normally.

Can you please post a HijackThis log for me to see what is going on?

To add my brief comment to this: I have several times installed and uninstalled MBAM fine. No issues there.

There's one RunOnce key added to startup, this is hardly a problem as it is removed after startup following MBAM installation.

Considering MBAM in current stage lacks even a SYSTEM Service component, I can't consider it invasive :)

Rest assured, this is indeed a legitimate program. If you had removed it from the Add/Remove control panel, it has always uninstalled fine for me. The worms it found, I can attest that they indeed are worms if it says they are.

If you ran into problems running/removing the program, it is possible there are other malicious softwares on your computer that are still mucking about.

Now i should realize, asking the very people I now reguard as dangerous is foolish, but perhaps you can change my perceptions of your company.

I am sorry you do not have good perceptions of MalwareBytes. I will endeavor to improve our standing with you. :)

I recently install, updated and ran malwarebytes, and it removed 4 simple worms not found by stopzilla. I don't even know that these were real worms anymore :/. I booted it up this morning, and witnessed MALWAREBYTES WRITE ITSELF INTO MY WINDOWS STARTUP DIRECTORY. I sorta flipped a **** and turned it off, and did this serveral times, b4 i simply let the ****** program permanently invade my computer's windows program. I uninstalled it and searched my computer for malwarebytes manually. I deleted almost everything using utmoveit 3. I restart my comp and watch it install itself AGAIN when windows started up. I cannot delete / remove your program.

Can you tell me where you downloaded the copy you installed please? The installation program will write a few files to your windows system32 folder, but they are not harmful to your machine. In fact, they are our reboot on delete drivers, and our direct disk access drivers. These give us an edge over alot of malware out there, and they are crucial for proper function of the program. However, That being said, MBAM will not re-create these on its own if they should be deleted for some reason. IE: If you run our uninstaller, it really does uninstall our program. Drivers, etc included. A little bit of registry information is left behind.

What specifically is it your seeing on startup?

Running the uninstaller via add/remove programs in control panel will do the job for you. Their is also a link for uninstallation on your programs menu, under MalwareBytes.

I'll do my best to assist you with this uninstallation issue you seem to be having.