Spontaneous MB Shutdown

Hello,

I installed Malwarebytes this morning to help get rid of Mirar adware. MB seems to install ok, and scan begins. About 150,000 files or so and an hour and a half into the scan, having found 2 infected objects, the program suddenly shuts down with no warning. Happened 3 times now. I have Vista Home Basic. Both Norton AV 2009 and AdWatch (from AdAware, which did not detect any infections) are deactivated during the scan. Any clues?

Please download ATF Cleaner as well, and use it to clear out your temp files. It will make the Malwarbytes' Anti-Malware scan go faster.

Thanks for the replies. I did a quick scan with MB and it ran, no problem. It cleaned out the two infections, which turned out to be BHO's. Then I ran ATF Cleaner and cleared out as much as possible. Next I did a full scan with MB. Same thing happened. It did not get to the end so no log was generated. It just shut down with no warning.

Thanks for the replies. I did a quick scan with MB and it ran, no problem. It cleaned out the two infections, which turned out to be BHO's. Then I ran ATF Cleaner and cleared out as much as possible. Next I did a full scan with MB. Same thing happened. It did not get to the end so no log was generated. It just shut down with no warning.

My 3rd and 4th drives had disappeared for some reason and I couldn't reinstall them, so I just went ahead and reformatted my C drive. All is well now, thanks anyway. :)

My 3rd and 4th drives had disappeared for some reason and I couldn't reinstall them, so I just went ahead and reformatted my C drive. All is well now, thanks anyway. :)

The magic fix for all Windows related problems.

I've known people who, after installing Windows and their drivers and applications, will use something like Norton Ghost to make an image of their hard drive. Then they will throw caution to the wind, and just reimage the computer each time it gets infected. I don't recommend doing that, but it does fix any malware infections.