IP Addresses Blocked ?

_Rich

Hello Malwarebytes :)

I am a member of this community group in yuku.

In a few of the threads in that group I'm getting a pop up from the Malwarebytes IP protection.

All of the IP addresses belong to a company called SoftLayer Technologies. Well that is what I got when I did a IP search.

I went to the web site and it appears to be a hosting company.

Can someone tell me if this is false positives ?

I attached a log of it. I zip it using a program 7-Zip. I hope this is okay and you will be able to see the log.

I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Richard

protection-log-2011-04-27.zip

Hi _Rich,

The IP range 67.228.12. is from SoftLayer Technologies Inc. The range has a few malicious websites on it, so that is why those IPs were blocked.

As for 89.248.173.146, is appears the malicious sites were taken care of, but I will double check for you.

Thanks SpySentinel,

Is it still safe to continue to go to this yuku community group ?.

I have been a member of yuku for like 2 years now, and have been in a lot of their groups.

This is the first time something like this has happen to me using their community message boards.

Hi _Rich,

The IP range from SoftLayer will be modified soon to remove the block.

However, for 89.248.173.146, more research is being conducted whether or not there are any malicious sites still on that range.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi SpySentinel,

I need all the range from SoftLayer Technologies. They are Offensive IPs and most involved in DoS or DDoS attacking.

It would be really helpful if you could provide the IP range information.

Thanks.

The SoftLayer block has been modified. The latter belongs to Ecatel, and can't be unblocked at present.

Archived