Karen of Karen's Power Tools has passed away

Tarun

Saw this on another forum I frequent and felt I should pass it along as many of this community may know of her as well.

Dear Friends,

I suspect that many of you have noticed that the last issue of Karen's Power Tools Newsletter was dated March 17, 2010, and you may have been anxiously awaiting another. It is with great sadness that I write to tell you of Karen's death on April 12, 2011, after a long struggle with several debilitations, including diabetes. I know that Karen touched many of you with her kindness, wit, creativity and encouragement. She was a loving daughter, sister, aunt and friend. And she was a pretty darned good programmer, too. We are deeply grieving her loss. For now, Karen's server is still running, the programs she has written can still be downloaded, and donations can still be made through the website. We are also working to fill all CD orders that have been submitted or mailed. It is difficult to make business decisions while grieving. So, at this point, I cannot say what will be the future of KarenWare.com, except to say that we will certainly continue Karen's commitment to safeguard your privacy as shown at the Privacy link of KarenWare.com. Many of you have already written many kinds words of condolence and comfort. Please know that we greatly appreciate you. If you care to make a contribution in her honor, she was a long-time supporter of The Dohnavur Fellowship, a special children's ministry in southern India. You can learn more about them at www.DohnavurFellowship.org. All we ask is that you remember her whenever you take the case off of your computer, contemplate removing entries from your Windows Registry, listen to Bob Wills or Riders in the Sky, or wave and say 'Hi!' to anyone on the 'net. May God richly bless you, as He has all those who knew Karen.

Bill Kenworthy

Karen's brother

Karen died in her sleep on Tuesday, 12 April. Here is a link to the obituary that appeared in the Tulsa World:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/ourlives/article.aspx?subjectid=426&articleid=20110415_Ob_obsl_7911942&archive=yes

RIP

• Root Admin

Oh my goodness. I've known and actually used some of her tools in the past many years ago.

Very sad to see people pass away in any case but I suppose it often hits us a bit more when we feel some type of connection to the person.

May God be with her and her family.

other links

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2243177

http://www.karenware.com/