Updating Malware

I reside on a college campus where we connect to the internet using a proxy server, namely vsnlproxy.iitk.ac.in

I cant find any setting for adding a proxy in the malware CP enabling it to connect to the net and update itself.

I guess one of the solution is already given above, in the offline database link....is there any other solution for this ??

yups...it is not getting updated. I have proxy settings in both IE and Mozilla.....and both of them are able to connect to the internet.

this is the error message i am getting

Update Failed. make sure you are connected to the Internet and your firewall is set to allow Malware Anti-Malware Bytes to access the Internet

I use bitdefender total security 2009 and it has added a new rule allowing MBAM to connect to the internet.

This is a known problem, the MBAM Team is working on a fix for it. For some reason the SecurityWonks mirror site is not working properly and gives that error. Manual update from Malwarebytes.org will or should work fine for now, till the team comes up with a fix. Go to the program interface and change it to Malwarebytes then update.