MalwareBytes Premium going crazy after MS updates

Thanks, I will try that. Hope it works, because this is maddening!! Thanks Exile360

Well... I tried it. :angry: Could not open to update, tried opening through my programs, froze computer...turned off with power button, went through that twice. Rebooted and removed MalwareBytes with ccleaner., ran Registry in ccleaner, removed remaining. So, no more MalwareBytes. It is too bad,but, believe me, necessary for sanity's sake. Thanks exile360, I appreciate your trying to help.

If you're still there, you could try disabling realtime protection (which is what's causing the freezing due to the FP's) then run the program and do a manual update through the program's interface without enabling the protection and then after updating enable protection once more.

Thanks Exile... I might try to download and re-install again but right now I have no MalwareBytes. When I did have it I could not disable Real Time because I could not even open it. :angry: Thanks, maybe I will try again tonight... after I recover. :angry:

XP SP 3... After installing Microsoft updates tonight MalwareBytes on boot identifying everything as Trojan Vundo.I am having to click ignore for everything on my computer. What's up with that??

I had the same problem 2 days ago after MBAM update. This was prior to Patch Tuesday. I solved the problem by downloading a new installer, uninstalled totally, then used MBAM-Clean, Rebooted, Installed fresh copy and updated signatures................all is well again.

Hello again. You should be able to disable protection in the pro version without actually openning the program. When it detects one of the false positives, you should see a button that says Disable protection, see if that works, then update the program manually. Hopefully that will help, I believe it did for another user who had the same issue.

Thanks Exile... I might try to download and re-install again but right now I have no MalwareBytes. When I did have it I could not disable Real Time because I could not even open it. :angry: Thanks, maybe I will try again tonight... after I recover. :angry:

Boot computer into safe mode & disable Real Time.

Turn it on again after updating to the latest database version.

Hello again. You should be able to disable protection in the pro version without actually openning the program. When it detects one of the false positives, you should see a button that says Disable protection, see if that works, then update the program manually. Hopefully that will help, I believe it did for another user who had the same issue.

It wouldn't work (at my end), the PC hung & no option could be selected.

The only way is to force shutdown the computer, reboot in the safe mode & disable the Real Time Protection.

Turn it on after updating to the latest database version.