What are you listening to?

goldhound

The genre-bending sounds of the legendary Faith No More and one of my favorite songs (from one of my favorite albums, from one of my favorite bands) of all time.  It's so good, it's literally EPIC, but what is it?  Is it hip-hop?  Is it melodic metal?  Thrash metal?  Nu metal (I hate that term/classification, especially when bands like this one existed over a decade before the likes of Linkin Park/Slipknot/Mudvayne and other so-called 'nu metal' bands (which I consider to all pretty much just be thrash, especially when comparing their overall sound to the likes of Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax, all of which frequently used a very hip-hop style of beat and vocalization/delivery):

I guess it's it.  It isn't nu metal, it isn't rock, it isn't thrash, it isn't hip-hop.  No, it's just it, and that's all it is, at least according to the song's lyrics.  So I guess my favorite type of music is 'it'.  A short title for a genre, but not very descriptive.  I guess given the blend of styles/genres, it does make sense for it to have a fairly ambiguous name which is open to interpretation.

So my favorite genre of music is 'it', and that's all I have to say about that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

NSFW so i won't post an inline link. Don't normally listen to this style of music but could relate and empathize with story.

Tom McDonald

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz2tzeY31MQ 

https://www.hangovergang.com/

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information