goldhound

What are you listening to?

Thanks for the feedback @exile360 appreciated. Gives some understanding behind the music choice.

Yes DMX may be rap but at least it has a story (as most songs do) vs some of the hardcore rap that I'm not even sure how to categorize as they are so mean and hateful to everyone except themselves (they walk on water in their songs, and portray themselves with more arrogance than Floyd Mayweather.).  I wouldn't seek out a DMX song on my own but if I were at some location and they were playing it I'd be okay with it. The hardcore rap I'd probably leave as I find it distasteful

1 hour ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Thanks for the feedback @exile360 appreciated. Gives some understanding behind the music choice.

Yes DMX may be rap but at least it has a story (as most songs do) vs some of the hardcore rap that I'm not even sure how to categorize as they are so mean and hateful to everyone except themselves (they walk on water in their songs, and portray themselves with more arrogance than Floyd Mayweather.).  I wouldn't seek out a DMX song on my own but if I were at some location and they were playing it I'd be okay with it. The hardcore rap I'd probably leave as I find it distasteful

Yeah, there's good and bad in all genres and in all art forms, and of course different tastes which is why we have so many types of music and so many artists.  Wu-Tang is about as hardcore as I get.  Some of their music could technically be classified as 'gangster rap', especially some of their early tunes, but in reality most of what they rapped about, especially early on, had more to do with just talking about their actual life experiences on the streets and working to get their whole record deal/business set up.  It isn't really glorifying violence for the sake of violence, though many of their lyrics are quite graphic.  In fact, the entire reason I ended up getting into Wu-Tang was because of an earlier group, the Gravediggaz which featured the RZA (producer/member of the Wu-Tang Clan) as one of its members.  I remember when MTV caught wind of them and described it as a new genre called 'horror-core' which is ridiculous in my opinion.  You can have spooky themes/styles/lyrics etc. in any genre of music (except polka, but then again... :P) but that doesn't define that spooky song/album/band as some new genre or sub-genre just because they're into spooky stuff.  I mean they didn't rebrand Kiss and Ozzy as some new sub-genre just because of occult/Satanic themes...oh wait, they did come up with the term 'shock rock' didn't they?  Of course they also apply the same label to groups like ICP and Gwar even though they are clearly entirely different categories of music, just with common themes.  It's like calling every song about romance/relationships the 'romance' genre regardless of whether it's a slow country tune, an upbeat jazz tune, or a hard-core death metal epic ballad.  It just doesn't make sense because themes are not how genres of music are defined, at least not generally (though sometimes certain themes can be common traits of some genres among many of their songs/bands/albums like puppy dogs and pick-up trucks in country songs).

listen to a huge listing of radio stations (countrywise) in audials

Posted (edited)

Wow. good non-stop hard rock stuff in EJTV livestream .(Costa rica) also available in thewatchtv (same livestream feed) and good all hard stuff.

I got these no's in it.

Edited by sman

Switchfoot album has got a a Grammy award in 2011 for Best Rock or Rap Gospel Album.

Latest single from Hands Like Houses: