What are you listening to?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've seen the old spaghetti Westerns but never a Symphony playing these songs            

Posted Images

You are the reason - Good cover, reminds of Backstreet's no's..

That whistle note. the best of Mariah is in Emotions no..(maybe others may differ).. from a declared 'Songbird supreme" by Guinness )source wiki_

Selectionshot_2019-12-19_11:59:56.png

Edited by sman
  • Administrators

Slaves has been slaying it with their new vocalist Matt McAndrews from The Voice (who is traditionally a solo pop artist). Their original founding lead singer Johnny Craig ditched them at the airport earlier this year due to addiction problems (and being a D - which he's known for). It is surprising how much better this group sounds now. Plus, they are already pumping out new tunes that sound better than before. Check out this latest track which their new signer originally pitched to Justin Bieber:

Falling In Reverse (aka Ronnie Radkke and a rotating set of hired guns) is one of my favorite groups. They like to mix hard rock, rap, nu-metal, post-hardcore, pop-punk, and metalcore. There is a little bit of everything for everyone and it just seems to always work. They have moved to releasing singles, with each one topping the other in a unique way. Here is their latest:

This last group is new to the scene per say. An interesting blend of post-hardcore, progressive metal, djent, and some saxophone action. Check out Shreezers:

• Administrators
Just now, sman said:

Like the beat of Slaves.. I like more soft of soft music.. and pleasing to the ears..

Glad you enjoyed 1 out of 3. 😜

I'm in to modern aggressive music with a soft spot for 90's/2000's grunge and alternative rock. I have also been getting in to aggressive music that has progressive elements, mixed genres, and/or very technical instrumental components. So my tastes likely don't align with your tastes, which that's what's awesome about this thread. Lots of different stuff to listen too.

• Root Admin

Mariah Carey no doubt has a wonderful voice

Slaves sounds pretty good but personally think the music over shadows the voice a bit too much. I'd rather hear the voice a bit louder as the music really drowns out the voice to me

Falling in Reverse - I like the music sound but the rage in some of these artist sure makes me feel sorry for what seems to be going on in some of their minds for them to come up with lyrics like this, and this group is not alone.

Shrezzers - Odd for me, the different styles just don't blend or mix well but thanks for sharing. As you said Alex, I think this is a great thread of some really amazing artists.

Alice in Chains - I like this group

Relaxing Sitar - not my cup of tea but I can appreciate the talent to play any musical instrument

13 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Relaxing Sitar - not my cup of tea but I can appreciate the talent to play any musical instrument

A little too slow and needs a tabla to get a beat going.

I believe the Sitar is the most complex of all string instruments.

agreed david, Panditji is panditji, his style of play is unique and 5 grammy's in his career, speaks of his virtuosity with his instrument 'sitar'.. His daughter 'Anushkha Shankar' is performing too and also a treat to the ears.. But Panditji is Panditji..

@Kurnn Sad, losing her is like losing a close one.. A great talent and no wonder she is next only to ABBA of Sweden..

Her music will live on..

To add -

Mariah cover version of Darlene

Mariah's 'All I want for christmas is you'

Wham - Last christmas

"Feliz Navidad" - Jose Feliciano

"Where Are You Christmas" - Faith Hill

"Mary, Did You Know" - Pentatonix

"White Christmas" - Bing Crosby

Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday 

Bobby Helms - jingle bell rock