What are you listening to?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They make this look so easy, yet I'm sure they've spent hundreds of hours practicing over and over.   "Nothing Else Matters" - Oona BROWN & Gage BROWN skate to @Metallica & @Marlisa

I've seen the old spaghetti Westerns but never a Symphony playing these songs            

Posted Images

^^^ <LOL> ^^^

Touche, Shrugged!

You got me!

Mighty fine!

:D

Your described reaction to the JB concert tugged the oldie from deep memory. Fletcher Henderson was an interesting guy. Amongst other things, he had a role in developing Swing and also was known for allowing soloists plenty of room to display their talents. Armstrong played with him for a bit.

Hahaha ! Straight from the resident Bonaholic ;)

I know, it's insane. After I posted the above link, I started looking around and found a lot of material from her on YT, from as young as 6 (she started playing at 3 apparently). The piece she did above was at a competition known as "Hit like a girl", which I think is a sublime name for a female drummer contest. She won the under 18y/o category, at age 11.

She's into fusion (what ?), jazz (what ??), rock, and more... We can see her playing Spain (Chick Corea) live at age 6, yeah...

Being the resident Totoholic, here's Kanade playing Child's Anthem at age 8 (though she doesn't look a day over 5 1/2 heh) :

Nice work on the cowbell !

Joe B would be happy with her as a band member :-)

I don't know if Mike Mangini still teaches now that he's with Dream Theater, but he could help her raise her level to stratospheric heights...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm old but never was a big fan of the Bee Gees

LOL

I'm even older and I wasn't a fan back in the day.

I have come to appreciate them as very much under-appreciated.

They really did define the genre.

Some of their stuff was quite good.

I don't mind listening to it at all, now that my tastes have become broader, in my old age.

Perhaps it's a twinge of nostalgia?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In memory of Riley B. King, aka B.B. King, 1925-2015

To call him a "Blues Legend" would be a gross understatement.

I only got to see him live twice - it was a great show, both times.

https://youtu.be/BPlsqo2bk2M

(Dang, I can't figure out how to embed the video (not just the link) with the new HTML5 on YouTube under Fx 38.0.1. I'm sure there is a trick to it???)

R.I.P. BB!

One heckuva celestial blues jam happening now, I'm sure.

In tribute -- my current Blues God, Joe Bonamassa (age 12), playing with B.B. King (alas, it's audio-only):

https://youtu.be/iixKoPHc69Q

And a bit more about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWsDen3la50

Fast-forward about 25 years to this smokin', JoeB live performance last year:

Go see this guy live, if you can.  You will NOT be disappointed.

Enjoy!

(dale-- I just copied and pasted from the address bar. Fx 38.0.1 HTML5)

<face palm> D'oh!

I had been right-clicking on the video itself (which used to work).

But now it doesn't have the complete code.

I knew it had to be something simple....

(But it seems to work only for some videos, not others?)

THANKS!!!

A lesser-known JoeBo tune:

• 1 month later...

R.I.P.  Chris Squire

It’s with the heaviest of hearts and unbearable sadness that we must inform you of the passing of our dear friend and Yes co-founder, Chris Squire. Chris peacefully passed away last night in Phoenix Arizona, in the arms of his loving wife Scotty.

For the entirety of Yes’ existence, Chris was the band’s linchpin and, in so many ways, the glue that held it together over all these years. Because of ...his phenomenal bass-playing prowess, Chris influenced countless bassists around the world, including many of today’s well-known artists. Chris was also a fantastic songwriter, having written and co-written much of Yes’ most endearing music, as well as his solo album, Fish Out of Water.

Outside of Yes, Chris was a loving husband to Scotty and father to Carmen, Chandrika, Camille, Cameron, and Xilan. With his gentle, easy-going nature, Chris was a great friend of many … including each of us. But he wasn’t merely our friend: he was also part of our family and we shall forever love and miss him.

https://www.facebook.com/yestheband/posts/1050133808331940

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ln9T76ieaA