What are you listening to?

goldhound

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Favorite singers list is so long, but will tell you some of my favorite - 

• Need Is You Song (Video Song) | Dr.Cabbie | Vinay Virmani & Adrianne Palicki (this is one of my favorite songs listening to)
  • Sallie Ford: Soul Sick - Portland's Sallie Ford has proceeded with her post-Sound Outside evolution, which started on 2014's Slap Back, with an album of fiery garage rock that leans harder into the wit and attitude that has made the singer a perpetual festival favorite.  
  • Micheal Jackson is one of my favorite. The way he dances, the way he sings, makes him an icon of everyone's eyes. 

• Root Admin

Thanks @alice_123 and @inspiredwoman

If possible this forum is for sharing links to actual videos typically from Youtube. Normally just copy the link you're listening too on Youtube and paste it here and it should show the video. It does not support play lists it has to be a direct video. If it doesn't show then verify the link again and try the post again. Links from some other sites work too, but not many.

NOTE: Please do not post links to vulgar or explicit videos from Youtube.

Thank you

Example link (in code tags so it won't display the video and out of the code tags so it will display the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rClUOdS5Zyw

Edited by AdvancedSetup
edited typo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Slipknot is back.  Been listening to this album on repeat, over and over for a while now.  It's deep, it's dark, in places quite sad (it's a tribute album for bassist Paul Gray who passed prior to the album being produced):

I highly recommend it to fans of Slipknot or thrash metal in general, and while the above entry is partially censored, I'd highly recommend picking up an unedited copy (I bought it in MP3 format when it came out on Amazon) to get the full impact of the lyrics which are very intense.

Being a longtime Slipknot fan, I have all their albums and while I always liked the first two more than Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) (though I did still love that album, don't get me wrong) due to their heavier sounds, especially Iowa their second offering, .5: The Gray Chapter is like a perfect blend of the two styles, emitting the heavier sounds and thrash metal double bass and similar (drop B I think?) guitar tuning giving that lower, growlier sound to the riffs on most tracks.

It's also very much a concept album, by which I mean much if not all tracks are in some way connected to others on the album telling an overarching story along the lines of many Pink Floyd albums (though not to the same degree as some cases like The Wall, which was basically a movie on disc).  With that said, I actually think I found a pattern in some of the songs indicating a different ordering to the tracks (similar to what some other artists have done in the past like Tool on Lateralus, where it is clear that some of the songs are out of order/should be arranged before or after different songs on the album) so this is the order I listen to the album most often:

GrayChapter.png.7c07fcf668f50b8ec22648599f8f83ac.png

If going by track number, this is the order of tracks for my custom arrangement:

This custom order is based on everything from the sound effects/melodies at the beginning and end of each track to lyrics as well as the melodies of specific "hooks" or verses in the songs where they sometimes match or sound similar to components of other songs found elsewhere on the album.  Also bear in mind that this is the original release version of the album, not the special edition with the bonus tracks (5 I think, with 2 numbered and 3 hidden) so I haven't accounted for those additional tracks in my custom order.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh. Sorry, @AdvancedSetup. I'll be more careful...

Bandcamp isn't really an unknown website though. It's been around longer than Soundcloud!

- - - - - - -

Back on topic...

Other songs by Wolfgun I listen to often include The Gift, Volk and Visions in Fire. For other types of music, I primarily listen to soundtracks from my favorite games, or occasionally movies. Daft Punk's work on the TRON Legacy soundtrack was excellent.

• 2 weeks later...