What are you listening to?

goldhound

• Root Admin

Listening to Tamera I noticed she did Fallin by Alicia Keys (another one of my favorite singers)

Sorry Tamera, you sing well but Alicia is better on vocals and more than easy on the eyes.  Though I like Tamera's rendition of The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face than from Roberta Flack

• Root Admin

Though Leona Lewis for me is a much more polished singer than Tamera.  I might have to get some of her music

Celine Dion
(I know a lot of people are burned out on Celine due to the Titanic and My Heart Will Go On, but she has excellent voice control I think)  
I was disappointed though when I went to see her in Vegas.  Good singer but for me she was not a good entertainer.

Of the four women singing that song I think I like Leona Lewis the best

Not a huge Gaga fan myself, but I've enjoyed a few of her songs/performances. Her latest hit reminded me of Christina Aguilera the first time I heard it a while back ; the tone, tempo, style, etc... Wouldn't you know it, guess what happened last week on The Voice :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRd8D1ll7_U

Nice promo stunt, considering her latest album isn't doing as well as she would have hoped.

Note : Celine Dion also sang on that same night, with Tessanne Chin, who couldn't believe she was onstage with Miss Vegas herself :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9miC8_C2Hw

This song is really catchy, I downloaded it on iTunes the other day :)

UGH I can't paste it... Katy Perry Roar... I'll try to put the link in later.

There we go; IE was being a creep and not letting me paste.

You are suffering from two bugs that have only surfaced recently : 1) IPB forum software has issues with IE11 and Copy/Pasting (there is a Fix available though) and, 2) FF since a few versions back will not allow mixed content to show, unless you tinker in Config or manually allow the content on every visit (click on the little shield icon left of the URL bar and allow content).

Katy Perry is getting better and better as a vocalist. Can't look any better, she's the Queen of Pop. And... she doesn't need to hang naked from a wrecking ball to get our attention...

Hi, MT16:

EDIT: OOPS!  Sorry about that @Mark!  We must have been typing at the very same moment.

For some reasons I can't see anyones videos :/  (on my Firefox at home, once I let IE display them, I can see them on IE11).

Can't speak for IE11, but Fx has been blocking mixed content by default for several versions now.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/967115?esab=a&s=mixed+content&r=0&as=s

To view the YT videos on this page:

1. Click the shield at the left of the address bar:

48HrJy4.png

2. Then, click the arrow in the right-lower corner of the window > "Disable Protection on this page".

HTH,

daledoc1

Haha ! I knew someone else was there, but I had to try and get in first. I'm the slower one usually ;)

Yeah, the IE11 Copy/Paste thing is annoying. IPB blames IE11 (of course), but they finally issued a workaround a few weeks ago for those (owners/admins) interested.

@ Mark

Thanks for that info!  I thought it was my computer, but, happening on two computers at work too!  One xp, one w7.  Katy is pretty good, she doesn't have strong vocals at all though.  Not her fault of course, but, you can tell when she sings live.

The non-pasting thing was ticking me off to say the least... I was like whattt.  I'll just blame it on IE ;)

@DaleDoc

Thank you for the detailed work-around :D

• Root Admin

Thanks Mark.  Has its own sound and quality.  I find this one to be one of my favorites for Ave Maria though there are many good ones.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

I've seen this music video several times and it still brings a tear to my eye. (guess I have a soft spot somewhere in there)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7knUFWY2P44

• Root Admin

Hello everyone. I don't think i belong here though. :P

Hi there, of course you belong here.  As long as it's not vulgar, degrading, illegal, or one needs to sign up to listen then it's fine.  Everyone has different tastes in music and you're simply sharing what you like.  I enjoy some of this type of music myself on occasion.   I even added music from X Japan to one of my home videos for a party once.

Thanks for sharing and hope you enjoy your stay here.

btw i'm using chrome and i can't seem to see any of the youtube videos posted here. Some yellow triangle on a padlock is beside my https;//

Hi, balwaremytes: :)

I don't use Chrome, but I know that in Fx 26, there is default blocking of mixed content (such as YT videos) for security reasons.

The "fix" for Fx is in this post >>HERE<<.

I assume there is a similar fix for Chrome?

Perhaps one of our Chrome-using members can provide it?

Cheers,

daledoc1

Hi, MT16:

EDIT: OOPS!  Sorry about that @Mark!  We must have been typing at the very same moment.

Can't speak for IE11, but Fx has been blocking mixed content by default for several versions now.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/967115?esab=a&s=mixed+content&r=0&as=s

To view the YT videos on this page:

1. Click the shield at the left of the address bar:

48HrJy4.png

2. Then, click the arrow in the right-lower corner of the window > "Disable Protection on this page".

HTH,

daledoc1

UGH for some reason my Firefox no longer shows that when I right click...