What are you listening to?

goldhound

Thought Ron might enjoy this. It's time for our annual "La Voix" in Québec (The Voice), and we've got one incredible (to me) voice this year, a girl who's been singing for a while in the Ottawa area, but for some reason unknown to me hasn't broken out yet at age 32. I have a feeling this about to change... She chose to come to "La Voix" though she doesn't speak a lot of French, but the show is huge and could help her along... and she's in the finals next week. I absolutely fell off my chair when I heard her in the blinds, and every time she sang after that. She comes from Jazz, but can do it all...

Enjoy...

• Root Admin

Very nice @Mark - a bit slow on the start for me but once she gets into it, excellent voice. Thanks for the share. I don't watch much TV here, work, work and have the military channel on in the background. LOL  But sometimes there are some awesome finds on these shows. Susan Boyle was an amazing voice that came out of nowhere. Actually bought her first CD

I don't watch a lot of TV anymore myself... so these finds are often accidental clicks on YT or something, haha. Big Annie Lennox and Amy Lee fan here, so thanks for those shares.

Speaking of finds, I don't know if anyone here posted vids of this singer, but... maybe worth a repost. From The Voice in Poland (2015) :

Nothing but chills... oh man...

• 2 weeks later...

"You Light Up My Life" is a ballad written by Joseph "Joe" Brooks, and originally recorded by Kasey Cisyk for the soundtrack album to the 1977 film of the same name.[1] The song was lip synched in the film by its lead actress, Didi Conn. The best-known version of the song is a cover by Debby Boone, the daughter of singer Pat Boone, which held the #1 position on the Billboard Hot 100 chart for ten consecutive weeks in 1977, setting a new record for that time.

LeAnn Rimes cover version[edit]

"You Light Up My Life"
LeAnn Rimes You Light Up My Life Single.jpg

LeAnn Rimes released her version as a single in 1997, 20 years after Boone's version was released and on the same record label (Curb Records). Her version fared modestly by comparison to the original at radio (No. 34 Pop, No. 48 Country). However, her single was certified gold and was the title track to her No. 1 pop and country album, You Light Up My Life: Inspirational Songs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Light_Up_My_Life_(song)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...