Houston, Anti-Malware's got a problem!

Mike89

Today I booted up my computer. I got a Malwarebytes Anti_Malware message saying it blocked a file "oahlp.exe" from starting, saying it was a Trojan Vundo. This is a help file for the Firewall "Online Armor" and it is not a Trojan. The program then froze and the only way I could get out of it was hitting the reset button. It booted up again (Windows XP) and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware came up again, this time saying it was blocking the file "ctdmzspi.dll", which is a Creative sound card file. It said this was a Trojan Vundo again. It is not. Again Anti-Malware froze and I had to hit the reset button again. The only way I could get around this was booting into Safe Mode, opening Anti-Malware and turning off "Start with Windows", then booting up normally again.

This was really bad. This program has worked perfectly up to now and I have added no files since the last time it was working fine. The only thing I can think of is the last update messed something up.

Please fix this, I am hesitant now on even opening this program. I don't want to have to go through a Safe Mode boot again.

Ok. It booted up this time without Anti-Malware screaming at me.

Man that scared the crap out of me. I was helpless to do anything because it froze not allowing me access to Windows at all. Had to go the Safe Mode route to force it not to start with Windows.

What the hell happened? Did the update before this one make it go into put bull attack mode or what?