Possible false positive Malware.Packer.Gen on Winrar file

When I ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Full scan it found a virus called "Malware.Packer.Gen" from the location called c:\program files\WinRAR\Zip.SFX. I think, that this is a false positive, but am I right? I forgot to save the log file, but here's a screenshot of Mbam telling about that "infection":

14cb7dd.jpg

I ran the scan with normal mode instead developer mode, because I did not read the "read before" topic. Did I do something wrong? Here's the log of the developer mode scan. Could you please check it and I won't bother you anymore. :)

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100

www.malwarebytes.org

Tietokantaversio: 6440

Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

25.4.2011 20:13:42

mbam-log-2011-04-25 (20-13-38).txt

Tarkistustyyppi: T

Are you sure, that the Winrar file I posted is clean and that alert is a false positive? I mean, that I did not run the scan with developer mode, but with normal mode. I'm a paranoid person and I have a fear, that the file I posted is broken, because I'm not sure did it finished uploading as attachment, because I did not check is the uploading finished, before I did the above post. Can I feel safe now? I bet, that you think, that I'm insane...

Here's the log following a scan with the latest database:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100

www.malwarebytes.org

Tietokantaversio: 6443

Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

25.4.2011 22:09:57

mbam-log-2011-04-25 (22-09-57).txt

Tarkistustyyppi: T

zip_sfx.zip

Big thanks for the answer! :) Is it likely, that the file I posted FIRST TIME was somehow broken, because I did not check is the uploading as attachment finished. Is it even possible, that the attachment file can be broken and is it possible, that I posted the file before the uploading is finished?

Big thanks for the answer! :) Is it likely, that the file I posted FIRST TIME was somehow broken, because I did not check is the uploading as attachment finished. Is it even possible, that the attachment file can be broken and is it possible, that I posted the file before the uploading is finished?

Anyone?

Is it even possible, that the attachment file can be broken and is it possible, that I posted the file before the uploading is finished?

That's not possible. The file needs to be fully uploaded.

• 1 year later...

Hello

I've got the same result "Malware.Packer.Gen" when scaning my pc on the full scan mode, the thing is that I suspect this malware was used to steal a password from a bank application.

Can this malware be used as a keylogger or to control my pc via IP???

I will see to find the file, can I send it to you in order to analyse and confirm if is safe or not???

Thx

You can upload the file to here:

www.virustotal.com

it will scan it with 40+ virus scanners and give a report.

If you want to upload it please start a new post in this forum. Malware.packer.gen can hit a lot of different files.