malwarebytes detecting almost everytihng as malicious

denparrish

Malwarebytes has been installed on my PC for about a month with no issues. Suddenly today while starting up, it detects all the DLL's associated with Registry Mechanic as suspicious, followed by detecting all the DLL's associated with ESET Nod32 Antivirus as malicious. I had to click ignore about 10 times before I could do anything. Then I launch Outlook, it again starts detecting false positives - I unsinstalled it after that. Anyone else experience this out of the blue?

Malwarebytes has been installed on my PC for about a month with no issues. Suddenly today while starting up, it detects all the DLL's associated with Registry Mechanic as suspicious, followed by detecting all the DLL's associated with ESET Nod32 Antivirus as malicious. I had to click ignore about 10 times before I could do anything. Then I launch Outlook, it again starts detecting false positives - I unsinstalled it after that. Anyone else experience this out of the blue?

I have this too. It detected my Regcure autoupdate.dll as malicious, my Symantec, and EVERYOTHER thing. I firstly clicked "terminate" but after clicking terminate a good 10 times, and finding many things "infected" i realised it was acting weird. And then my whole pc froze, and i had to do a hard restart, by holding down the off button.

What exactly is going on. I just ran a scan and it has found nothing.

I hope a fix is made soon, as i enjoy using MBAM.

Hi,

I have the same problems when I started up my computer.

It looks like MBAM detects everything in my autorun-file as Trojan.Vundo.

After many "resets" I managed to close the realtime protection of MBAM.

Now, everything works normal.

I hope that MBAM soon comes up with a solution to this problem!

Greetings,

Don Diego

I was also notified this AM by numerous corporate users of mine that MalwareBytes was detecting everything. Many users say a Windows Update happened last night and their computer restarted and thats when everything went South.

I have instructed my IT team to remove Malware Bytes from all of our users machines, we removed it on one and it fixed the problem.

Hopefully you guys come out with a patch for this, i was surprised not to see any type of notification on your website about this.

If this isnt fixed quickly it may be a dealbreaker but we cant afford to have something like this happen again... stinks because i really thought this program was the one, maybe it still is, lets see how fast they get this issue fixed.

Tommy