Kaspersky finds MBAM as a trojan.

hey all i just intalled the new version of mbam 1.31 and my Kaspersky finds the setup file as this....12/4/2008 6:22:30 AM Detected: Trojan.generic Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware C:\PROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES' ANTI-MALWARE\MBAM.EXE

This is the 2nd time it has happened and the second time I submitted the file asking it to be whitelisted. The powers that be might want to contact Kaspersky and ask because i guess they dont listen to me. =(

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i just got a reply from the kaspersky virus lab that i submitted the mbam setup exe to that they quratined as a trojan and they said this......

Hello.

No malicious software was found in the attached file.

I posted this to the kaspersky forum and they pretty much told me that mbam showed trojan behavior even tho it is not a trojan and it was flagged correctly. they said it prob wont be white-listed and i would have to white-list it locally on my box. **shrug** I vote we sick Marcin on them =)=)

Hmm, wierd. KAV doesn't detect Combofix as a PUP now and hasn't for at least a month (I download it regularly to update my toolkit). And like I said, it still doesn't detect mbam-setup.exe. I dunno, strange. It does detect some of my other tools though. It was detecting GMER as a trojan till I contacted the creator to ask Kaspersky to whitelist it (I couldn't send it through my email, even zipped and password protected).