atk0110 acpi utility

so after getting a false positive scare today i wiped my computer not thinking to dig further into if it was a false positive im kicking my self now but thats not the point the point is after wiping the computer i go to install the drivers after putting windows xp sp2 onto the machine i grab the disc for the board and i open up the device manager to see whats there even though i know whats there well imagene my suprise to find there a new device labeled unknown

iv never seen this device there before in all my years of having this machine and iv formatted it many a time so right click on it and tell it to find drivers from the computer and it finds the drivers for the device on my driver disc for the board it was called

atk0110 acpi utility

does any one have any idea waht this actually is iv never seen it on my computer before and i dont know why im seeing it now i will point out that i did remove the ram and the boards battery when i wiped the machine clean but iv done that before and iv never seen this device show up before so any information on this device would be greatly apreciated and i know its probably safe because its on the asus boards cd which reminds me the board is a asus p5ld2

:welcome:

The installation disc does not install the drivers. You'll need to install them through the driver disc or obtain them from the manufactures website.:)

ah you misunderstand the driver disc for my board had the drivers on them but i want to know what the tool is since iv never had it show up in the device manager before hence my asking if anyone knew waht it is

this was after installing windows xp sp2 i went to install my drivers but before i do that i have a habit of checking the device manager for a list of the devices needing there drivers since i used to work in a computer store and im glad i do check since i found this and i dont recall ever seeing it before so any idea what it is?

ah you misunderstand the driver disc for my board had the drivers on them but i want to know what the tool is since iv never had it show up in the device manager before hence my asking if anyone knew waht it is

this was after installing windows xp sp2 i went to install my drivers but before i do that i have a habit of checking the device manager for a list of the devices needing there drivers since i used to work in a computer store and im glad i do check since i found this and i dont recall ever seeing it before so any idea what it is?

Gotcha. On a fresh install of Windows some may register as an unknown device until you install the proper driver. Once you install the drivers it should disappear. :) Everything will be on your disc.:)

Gotcha. On a fresh install of Windows some may register as an unknown device until you install the proper driver. Once you install the drivers it should disappear. :) Everything will be on your disc.:)

yes i know that much but iv formatted this machine dozens of times over the last couple years and iv never seen this unknown device till today hence why im confused on why its all of a sudden showing up and it never did before but that also doesnt tell me what the device is or does