Hi,

I have a general question about malware (mods: hope this is the correct forum).

My question is, can registry entries alone mean you are infected. For example, I have scanned my computer with Kapersky, ZoneLabs/Checkpoint, A-Squared, McAfee, Malwarebytes, Superantispywarepro, Spybot, and SpywareDoctor.

The only thing detected by the majority of programs are tracking cookies. One exeption, Spyware Doctor detects several registry trojans. I don't see any FILES infected, just the registry entries. Can anyone please explain so I understand better.

See attached text file.

Not sure file attached, 2nd try.

log.txt

Hi,

Registry Keys without files (if they are actually from malware) are orphaned. If nothing but Spyware Doctor is picking them up, I wouldn't trust those results.

Thanks for the information. I was hoping it would explain some bluescreens I was having...

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!