Comprev

Firefox or Chrome

I'm just giving FF 4 a whirl right now. As I've said on another thread, a lot of the themes don't work, but I'm OK with the default for now. I think the pages are loading a lot faster. We'll see how it goes. I still do like Chrome a lot, too.

I've got NoScript for Firefox: annoying at first, but makes me feel much safer.

That, combined with WOT makes a secure browser.

Personally I don't like WOT. It's user rated so anyone can rate a site based on experience.

Guest name cool

:)

Anyway :D I've updated the Firefox but did not update to version 4. :P I wonder why?

I've got NoScript for Firefox: annoying at first, but makes me feel much safer.

That, combined with WOT makes a secure browser.

Me too. Firefox is much safer with NoScript. It's actually the only security software I have installed (apart from the Linux firewall). Many people I know can't get used to it but it's not a problem for me.

:)

Anyway :D I've updated the Firefox but did not update to version 4. :P I wonder why?

I update FF manually, and when I found out about 4, I ran the manual update. I think FF was at 3.6.15 or something like that, and then it updated to another version of 3 first. The browser then went to a Mozilla page suggesting one install version 4. I ran the browser update again, and this time it updated to version 4.0.

My only gripe of FF4: Right clicking links (Open in new Tab has been moved to the top)

I have now opened windows among windows opening links. :(

Still really good browser, so clean and more viewing space B)

I upgraded to 4.0 as well and found that the same employees that work for Microsoft Office seem to work over at Mozilla. They think it's cool and great to change the tool bar and location of menus that you've been using for a long time because productivity shows improvement. HOGWASH - LEAVE THE TOOLBAR and menus alone.

I upgraded to 4.0 as well and found that the same employees that work for Microsoft Office seem to work over at Mozilla. They think it's cool and great to change the tool bar and location of menus that you've been using for a long time because productivity shows improvement. HOGWASH - LEAVE THE TOOLBAR and menus alone.

Amen to that Ron! My gripe exactly.

Wayne

Guest name cool

I update FF manually, and when I found out about 4, I ran the manual update. I think FF was at 3.6.15 or something like that, and then it updated to another version of 3 first. The browser then went to a Mozilla page suggesting one install version 4. I ran the browser update again, and this time it updated to version 4.0.

Thanks for all this. :)

Exactly!! That's one reason I prefer LibreOffice over Microsoft Office 2010/2007 is because of the familiarity with the menus. :)

My only gripe of FF4: Right clicking links (Open in new Tab has been moved to the top)

I have now opened windows among windows opening links. :(

Still really good browser, so clean and more viewing space B)

I use the middle mouse button to open a link in a new tab, I'm lazy and it's a bit faster. lol

I use the middle mouse button to open a link in a new tab, I'm lazy and it's a bit faster. lol

BLEW MY MIND! :ph34r: yay!!!

Well as you can see we're not alone in disliking it.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/791244

"That was an intentional change to promote the use of tabbed browsing."

But for those that do like FF 4 and it's changes

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/features/

It's in the posts but if you missed it there is an editor to make menu changes

http://menueditor.mozdev.org/

I do, too. I just didn't know you could also close a tab with it. :P