Firefox or Chrome

Comprev

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest name cool

It seems to me what I'm saying is true that the Google Chrome release beta versions from time to time and this evidence indicates the failure of the Google Chrome browser and avoid the embarrassment of Google

• Root Admin

I have removed the links and images - we don't need to start a fan boy club for Google here.

Those that wish to use or download it certainly will not have an issue finding or downloading it.

Please keep the discussion about the products pro/con and not how to download them.

Sorry but with the history of Google "accidentally" providing private indexed data out to the public and some of their other marketing practices I would never use a Google browser period.

+2 Although I can't say much for blospot/youtube as there good services. Personally I like Firefox/Opera/SRWare Iron.

Yep, but you have to create a google account to use them. The only real thing I hate.

Also, one used to be able to get past the "link accounts" nag screen if you had a YouTube account already but they made it mandatory a few months ago. It really pissed me off, I didn't want to link anything.

Also, one used to be able to get past the "link accounts" nag screen if you had a YouTube account already but they made it mandatory a few months ago. It really pissed me off, I didn't want to link anything.

When I deleted my Google account I lost access to everything. I have a dead account on youtube that people are still subscribing to. Still have questions I can't answer because of this. Even though it's registered with my hotmail account I still can't sign in since I removed the google portion and still receive emails from other members.

When I deleted my Google account I lost access to everything. I have a dead account on youtube that people are still subscribing to. Still have questions I can't answer because of this. Even though it's registered with my hotmail account I still can't sign in since I removed the google portion and still receive emails from other members.

Wow, that's just pathetic from their side... Have you tried contacting the support? I doubt they would do anything much, but it might be worth a shot if you didn't try it yet.

Wow, that's just pathetic from their side... Have you tried contacting the support? I doubt they would do anything much, but it might be worth a shot if you didn't try it yet.

I haven't no. Such a pain finding the support request forms on Google that I've only done it successfully once.

Edit: Found the page, but they are asking for registration dates on the services I used. I have no clue on this.

Guest Code Hunter

I haven't no. Such a pain finding the support request forms on Google that I've only done it successfully once.

Edit: Found the page, but they are asking for registration dates on the services I used. I have no clue on this.

Buttons once you have closed an account with Google it is almost impossible to get it back.

I tried for over two months on an account and all they would say is I did not provide

the necessary information and I was denied access.

It's easier just to open a new account an start over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Code

~ Das Ende ~

Buttons once you have closed an account with Google it is almost impossible to get it back.

I tried for over two months on an account and all they would say is I did not provide

the necessary information and I was denied access.

It's easier just to open a new account an start over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Code

~ Das Ende ~

I've reactivated one before on the first attempt.

I did, but as I said before I have a dead account that members are still subscribing to. Want to get rid of the old one.

@ Buttons

I agree. Google controls too much information for me to be comfortable. I just hope that, when they turn evil (if they haven't already), this happens:

password_reuse.png

compliments of xkcd (mouse-over text: it will be hilarious the first few times this happens)

:lol:

How come my posts seem to end discussion pages :(

Awww, Comprev...I think a lot of us get that feeling from time to time. Don't take it personally.

BTW, I liked the cartoon. :)

And re Chrome v Firefox...well, I'm back and forth on the issue. I like the look of Chrome and my FF had become quite cluttered plus I was just tired of it, even with themes. However, I'm going to give FF4 a try right now and maybe that'll perk up my feelings about it again. :)