Comprev

Firefox or Chrome

Today I switched browsers from Firefox to Chrome. Which one should I use. What are the recommendations for the browser I should have?

Thanks,

Comprev

I would go with Firefox, but using Script blocker addon. Haven't gotten any issues since I started using those two.

For me, between the two, the choice would be Firefox, hands down.

I primarily use Opera on my machine, though.

I love Chrome, but Firefox wins me over with NoScript and AdBlock.

Opera is still good though. :blink:

Guest remixed

I hunt malware, i seek infection...so it's Internet Explorer for me :blink:

I personally use Firefox (Google keeps too much information for my liking), and the add-ons are more than awesome.

A lot of my friends use Chrome and in my experience, it performs well.

I personally don't like Chrome because of Google. SRWare Iron is a good chromium based replacement. :blink: Firefox and Opera are also good choices. :blink:

Firefox here. Using Firefox 4 x64 nightly in fact.

Chrome, looked at once, never again. Especially after that huge EULA mess they had with how if you use their browser to post anything (blog, news, forum post, etc.) they could use it and say it's their own. Forget it.

So I'm happily continuing with Firefox, using Adblock Plus paired with rick752's (RIP) EasyList* (whitelisting favorite/frequent sites), Tab Mix Plus, and DownThemAll (and a few other addons for website work like Firebug and Web Developer). I don't touch NoScript. I find it far too paranoid and annoying for my tastes.

*Avoid Fanboy's list, else you'll have tons of broken images on tons of websites.

Guest Code Hunter

I love Chrome, but Firefox wins me over with NoScript and AdBlock.

Opera is still good though. :)

@Conor55

Google Chrome has AdBlock and it's very easy to turn off the script in the settings menu.

post-42037-0-47265600-1299560843.png

I hunt malware, i seek infection...so it's Internet Explorer for me :lol:

:lol:

By the way, I don't want malware, so IE is no-go.

How would I get addons for Chrome?

Guest name cool

For the Google browser is not recommended, which is basically not safe in terms of a bug) and a lot of security holes' that are trying to Google to fix it up and so far we see that Google release beta versions in quick time. and hackers enable out to causing

Firefox.

Google's policies (and installation methods) are way too intrusive for my taste.

They want control rather than offering the end user those very options. That's a non-starter for me.

Guest Code Hunter

For the Google browser is not recommended, which is basically not safe in terms of a bug) and a lot of security holes' that are trying to Google to fix it up and so far we see that Google release beta versions in quick time. and hackers enable out to causing

I have used both and prefer FF myself. I do like the addons as I used NoScript and AdBlock on all my systems. Just my .02 :unsure:

I chose Firefox, thanks for feedback

Firefox with ABP and NoScript here. I tried Chrome several times but I don't like it. I also use Lynx when I need to search for something real quick and can't wait for my overloaded Firefox to start up; I have a bad habit of overloading things. I bookmark 1 out of like 5 pages I visit. You can imagine what's going on behind the scenes when I enter something in the address bar... lol

Guest Code Hunter

This is one of the major reasons I like Chrome over Firefox.

If you should have a fake scan page attempt to download a file and lock

the tab or browser you can use the build in task manger to kill that tab.

Fake Scan Page

post-42037-0-76225300-1299648655.png

Chrome Task Manger

post-42037-0-68406700-1299648694.png

Page Killed

post-42037-0-38241300-1299648728.png

Nice feature but certainly not worth switching over to it, but don't worry, if that feature does well then Firefox and IE will eventually use it too :P

Guest Code Hunter

Nice feature but certainly not worth switching over to it, but don't worry, if that feature does well then Firefox and IE will eventually use it too :(

Bet once you try Google and get use to it you want ever want IE or Firefox again.

Guest name cool

rofl.gif@name cool

You know Google Chrome is far better than FireFox!

nope

Beat once you try Google and get use to it you want ever want IE or Firefox again.

Sorry but with the history of Google "accidentally" providing private indexed data out to the public and some of their other marketing practices I would never use a Google browser period.

Sorry but with the history of Google "accidentally" providing private indexed data out to the public and some of their other marketing practices I would never use a Google browser period.

+1

Firefox with add-ons for me.

Haven't tried Chrome and doesn't look like I will.

Guest Code Hunter

laugh.gif You could use Comodo's Dragon Browser!!! It looks like Chrome.

Just kidding I wouldn't recommend Comodo products to anyone..........................................................