Sign in to follow this  
shotclock

backdoor.bot suspected f/p

I suspect this is a false positive, but I would like confirmation. I regret I deleted the file before thinking of registering here and posting it, so unfortunately I cannot upload a zipped copy of the suspected file. Your help is greatly appreciated.

mbam-log-2011-03-04 (19-00-51).zip

As I mentioned above I hastily deleted the file already. Is there no other way to tell? I Googled that file and, of the few results, only two or so mentioned the possibility of it being harmful. Most were links to torrents for downloading the game files.

I'm very sorry, I deleted it from there following the scan and reboot. I had no idea someone would ask for the actual file. Does this mean there is no way to tell? Thanks again. (If there is no other way I suppose I could uninstall and reinstall that program, then scan again and see if it declares that file infected.)

I may need to move this topic to a cleaning forum. When I went to uninstall the program an exe file called UNWISE.EXE attempted to run (I clicked no). I believe that is part of backdoor.bot when I Googled it. The file was in another folder related to the one the .bot file was in. Here's is the zipped UNWISE.EXE, I hope that's enough for you to tell. Malwarebytes didn't detect it.

UNWISE.zip

Or upon further research it might simply be an uninstaller program. I think I'll be quiet now and wait for the experts to reply. ;)

Okay, I did a fresh reinstall straight from the disk and it's detecting the file as backdoor.bot again (this game is from 2002). I think this pretty much proves it is a false positive. Here is the zipped file to confirm. Thanks so much.

OPENFLT.zip