Can't Edit Post

Jamin4u

I thought there should be one next to the quote.

How strange...It's not there.

What to do?

You can edit your own posts but there is a time limit until you become an Honorary Member after 50 posts I believe.

Posting to increase post count will be considered spam and dealt with as such. You have 2 minutes to edit a post, proof read before hitting send.

I was only joking and not trying to increase my count.

Why have such limitations on editing a post?

If a member wants to edit their post, I think they should be able to do so regardless of how many posts they have.

sincerely,

Jamin4u

Well, the problem was a few bad eggs decided to ruin this for the rest of the members. They were continuously editing posts and tweaking their HijackThis logs or other logs. It became a problem that we decided to stop it by adding a time limitation.

Sorry to all for the inconvenience.

I'm glad I moved up the ladder before that was implemented. I'm not even going to admit how many times I normally have to edit a post to get it the way I wanted it...

• Root Admin

No they shouldn't however the board software currently does not really easily support any other option. I've also seen where long time members have gotten a bug up their $%@ and logged in and came back and edited or deleted posts. Currently overall it's the best option we have.

Well, the problem was a few bad eggs decided to ruin this for the rest of the members. They were continuously editing posts and tweaking their HijackThis logs or other logs.

Thanks for explaining the problem to us Marcin.

I'm not even going to admit how many times I normally have to edit a post to get it the way I wanted it...

I'm with you on this one. I use spell check and try to state only facts. But sometimes I need to correct myself so I don't misinform or confuse someone.

I've also seen where long time members have gotten a bug up their $%@ and logged in and came back and edited or deleted posts.

Nice to know long time members are as human as new members.

There are ways around it.

The only alternative I've come up with is to set up a fair editing guideline.

If any member doesn't follow the guideline they are warned.

If they continue, then it could result in their posting privileges being suspended, removed or membership deleted and banned.

Editing for malicious reasons is as bad as the malware we all hate.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...