why would malwarebytes see this as a problem?

smartdog

c:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_wcf-icardagt_exe_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_8dcc9c6f8b58a5eb\icardagt.exe (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

If you look up this item on google it shows it as a system file.

now the folder is empty, and I am not sure if I actually needed that file.

I got that exact thing on both my laptop & PC when I scanned with Malwarebytes. Is it anything to worry about? Should I format both just in case?

I quarantined & deleted it in Malwarebytes free version but dunno if it's a dangerous file that has other hidden files attached to it.

Anyone mind explaining what the thing is?

• Staff

Luna it was a false positive and nothing to worry about. This file is just an older version of a file that was updated so shouldnt cause any problems if missing. You can restore if from quaritine if needed.

Smartdog did you make sure to show hidden files to make sure if the file is definitely there or not?

• Staff

Ok well this file is from net framework 3.0 with no updates. You should be fine without it.

Worse case you would have to reinstall the net framework 3.0 if you had a problem.

Files in winsxs are just archived copies of older files in case some app actually need an older file after an microsoft update was applied.

http://www.faultwire.com/file_detail/icardagt.exe*56113.html