(Hijack.DisplayProperties)

Hardhead

• Staff
The same @ Windows 7 Ultimate (rtm)

Its a fresh install - no way that it is infected!

You need to read this thread again. It's not an indication of infection. It's a display setting which you may have changed.

And W7 may have some additional tweaks which we have not made yet as we're not officially compatible with it and have done no testing on it by developers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any new updates on this? Brand new pc here and tonight my Avast resident scanner detected it so I deleted it, ran MWB it detected it but after reading here I chose to restore it and ignore. Just wondering what's new with this considering Avast has now detected it along with MWB. Oh, and my usage while idle will jump from 22% up to 52%.

Anything will help.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi guys,

need help, I have Win 7 Ultimate, the same detection NoActiveDesktopChanges (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0).

the problem is that I can't change my desktop. If I'm trying to change it with a picture, instead of picture I have a black screen.

I've changed in registry from 1 to 0 but no good. I even install and use Desktop hijack Fix, and find a "policy restriction" but the software can not remove it.

Anu ideas?

thanks!

Here's the registry fix for this issue, it will set it back to the Vista/7 default. Once you download it, just unzip it and double click it to run it. You will get a prompt from User Account Control, just click Continue and then click Yes when asked if you want to add it to the registry and click Ok when it completes.

After that, just run a Quick Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and when it finishes, click Show Results and select the Hijack.DisplayProperties detection and click on Ignore ;) .Restore_Hijack.DisplayProperties.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings lalittle <_<

As I understand it, a full engine update would be required as it would need to detect the OS version installed and if it detects a 64 bit OS, it would then have to automatically exclude the detection, although I could be wrong as I'm not one of the developers, but as I understand it, that's what would need to happen. For the time being I'm content to keep the detection ignored, as even when I install a new version of Malwarebytes', it remembers my previously ignored detections so I only have to deal with it once.

Greetings lalittle <_<

As I understand it, a full engine update would be required as it would need to detect the OS version installed and if it detects a 64 bit OS, it would then have to automatically exclude the detection, although I could be wrong as I'm not one of the developers, but as I understand it, that's what would need to happen. For the time being I'm content to keep the detection ignored, as even when I install a new version of Malwarebytes', it remembers my previously ignored detections so I only have to deal with it once.

Thanks. Just out of curiosity, when the program changes to the next new "number" (i.e. something newer than 1.41) this doesn't necessarily imply a new "engine," does it? Do we just have to keep an eye on the version history to see when a new engine is implemented?

Larry

Correct, new version numbers do not necessarily mean a new engine, but the engine does seem to change often as the developers work against the latest nasties to detect and remove them. Often new releases are also to fix bugs that are discovered along the way. You can always find what changes have been made here at the bottom of that page as well as when you're installing Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware because it shows the changelogs for each version <_< .

I'm also got this exact same result with scan. This is with version 1.42 and Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I assume I'm supposed to select it and hit the Ignore button.

That's what I did but the program glitched a little when I did that. After I did that, I clicked to close the program and got a message asking if I was sure I wanted to close because a scan was going on. There was no scan going on. Evidently clicking Ignore triggered something. I closed it anyway and opened it back up to make sure that reg entry was in the Ignore List and it was.

Anyway I think that was a bug in the program.

Greetings Mike89 :)

Yes, that's the appropriate procedure. If you want to avoid the message about aborting the scan you can hit Remove after having ignored the detection and it will tell you that there are no items to be removed, just click Ok and close the program. Either way the net result is the same, a successfully ignored detection :) .

If you need anything else just post.

:)

I am a newbie. I don't know if this is the correct topic to post in... but here is my input. When ever I run Malwarebytes scans, I get a false report of a hijack to my homepage. In actuality it is not a hijack but a lock I have on my homepage in both SpywareBlaster and Spybot S&D to protect against Homepage Hijacks. I just thought I would let you "guys" know if you don't know already. :)