**Quarantine or Delete all ?**

Hi there,

First of all I gotta say that I love the malwarebytes program.

OK.. here's my question, I did a full scan on my computer and malwarebytes found like 20 infections. When the scan was completed I clicked on remove/fix and now the infections are gone but they are sitting in the quarantine tab.

What should I do?

I'm in the quarantine tab right now and I see all the infections, should I click on delete all? to permanently remove all these infections?

Any recommendations?

Thank you

:rolleyes:

Hello and :rolleyes:

Glad you like Malwarebytes, it is definitely the best in malware protection and removal.... That being said, if the items are already in the quarantine, you can leave them there, they in no way are active and can no longer cause problems with your computer unless you were to restore them. I tend to leave items in my quarantine for a while to make sure there was not a false positive and something was removed that was needed. (no one is perfect and mistakes do occur from time to time).

I may empty the quarantine after a few months pass by and I confirm my system is working without issues.

Either way its a matter of choice, but once you have removed it from the quarantine tab, there is no going back.

Hello and :welcome:

Glad you like Malwarebytes, it is definitely the best in malware protection and removal.... That being said, if the items are already in the quarantine, you can leave them there, they in no way are active and can no longer cause problems with your computer unless you were to restore them. I tend to leave items in my quarantine for a while to make sure there was not a false positive and something was removed that was needed. (no one is perfect and mistakes get occur from time to time).

I may empty the quarantine after a few months pass by and I confirm my system is working without issues.

Either way its a matter of choice, but once you have removed it from the quarantine tab, there is no going back.

This makes completely sense, thanks so much for the advice Firefox.

Any other thoughts my friends?

cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I am a happy bunny too now free of System Tool. :( I wondered about whether to delete or leave in quarantine. Now I know.

Thanks a bunch, malwarebytes. BTW, I bought the full MBAM package for protection.

Glad that you are free of malware.... and thanks for your support of this great program.....