Malwarebytes doesn't scan all of the files

It seems, that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware doesn't scan all of my files although I select "Full scan", like it did before. It seems, that it doesn't scan mp3 files. There's no any kind of exceptions in Malwarebytes settings. Is something wrong or does Malwarebytes skip mp3 files even when running "Full scan".

Flying Horse, Malwarebytes does not scan some types of files, for example pictures. They only scan files that are know to be executable or malicious.

.MP3 files can't really be harmful, and it only scans things that can actively harm your computer.

:)

This is not entirely correct, there are known threats and viruses that can attach themselves to these types of files. For example here is an article at MSNBC that talks about it.

Flying Horse, Malwarebytes does not scan some types of files, for example pictures. They only scan files that are know to be executable or malicious.

But "Quick scan" does this, but "Full scan" scan all of the files. I'm wondering why Malwarebytes "Full scan" did scan mp3 files before, but not now. That's the problem.

• Staff

Previous versions may have displayed the file name but this version the engine has been changed to only display files that can actually infect your computer. Malwarebytes looks quickly at the file still and if it's a file that can't infect your computer do to its type it doesnt bother displaying it. It still offers the same protection and makes the scan a little bit quicker doing this.