Control Panel Crashes

I am having an issue where any time I click on the Control Panel link in the Start menu explorer.exe will crash. I am starting to become concerned that I may have some type of malware infection.

I am running Windows 7 Professional x64.

I ran the Malwarebyte's Quick Scan and it reported no issues were detected. My HJT log is attached.

This is the message shown in Windows Event Viewer related to the crash:

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16450, time stamp: 0x4aebab8d

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16695, time stamp: 0x4cc7b325

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000002b7fd

Faulting process id: 0x42c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cbcd9ec8f8f654

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 059325ad-3994-11e0-b62a-00219be4dc44

EventID: 1000, Task Category: (100).

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!