share access alert

Guest BlairWitch

Guest BlairWitch

I just want to suggest a module that will alert if someone is trying to access a shared folders on the computer because i believe that many people dont know that they are allowing other internet users to access their computer and have the file sharing option enabled. So just a simple module that would let the user block any such access if possible when such access is detected, i know that this is like a firewall thing but many firewalls fail to do that. I must say that this is needed because at the moment many people uses these 3g internet stick connections and unfortunately some of them wont even let the user to turn of the file and printer sharing even though it's kind of sad. This module could be added as a part of the malicious ip blocking module somehow. Also a script interceptor would be good, it could contain vbs, js and other such script files and there could be an opinion to submit such files automatically to mbam malware researchers if the user want's to do so. Okay thanks. :rolleyes:

Guest BlairWitch

Also i thought that maybe malwarebytes could add a sandbox module that would ran all accessed web sites in sand box to check for drive by downloads and other exploits and threats. I understand that in this way the product would become more like a total internet security product but maybe the best in the industry these days. Maybe it would add the price of malwarebytes for some euros or dollars or whatever but of course the users that have allready paid for the product would not have to pay more, just the new users. I would also recommend that you try to create a business relationship with some internet stores such as cdon.com that would greatly boost up your markets in scandinavia. Okay thanks. :)

Guest BlairWitch

There is one more thing that i would like to add. I think it could be great if alternate data stream scan option would be added so that the microsoft files would be scanned fir them because i have such information that some not so legitimate windows installations at least contains malware that is hidden on the microsoft files as an alternate data streams. Okay thanks. :)

I just want to suggest a module that will alert if someone is trying to access a shared folders on the computer...i know that this is like a firewall thing but many firewalls fail to do that.
Yes it is, and unfortunately I believe that if we started doing anything like this it would be likely to cause conflicts with a user's installed software firewall if they use one. I could see this as a component of protection if Malwarebytes ever created a software firewall though.
Also i thought that maybe malwarebytes could add a sandbox module that would ran all accessed web sites in sand box to check for drive by downloads and other exploits and threats.
Many AV's already do this, web exploits are something we generally leave to them, again, because of potential conflicts which can result in system hangs and crashes or total failure of both security softwares (us and the AV). Our IP blocker does a good job of blocking many of the pages where such exploits are hosted anyway, thus preventing them from ever trying to load, detected or not.
I think it could be great if alternate data stream scan option would be added so that the microsoft files would be scanned fir them because i have such information that some not so legitimate windows installations at least contains malware that is hidden on the microsoft files as an alternate data streams.
While we do not condone using an illegal copy of any software, Windows included, we do already scan for and detect malicious ADS. A much more common technique of infecting an ISO of any software, including Windows, is to just replace/patch system files. That's also something we leave up to the AV's to detect and disinfect, at least for the moment.

I don't want to discourage you, we do appreciate the suggestions, so please keep them coming, I just feel that at the moment with what our product is designed to be, a complimentary software to cover what most AV's miss or fail to remove, these suggestions don't quite fit. That does not mean that if we ever did venture into creating our own antivirus and/or firewall, that these ideas would not be included, they likely would.

So thank you for the suggestions :)