MBAM fills in the gaps left by antivirus programs

Ivan

I just used MBAM and I would like to say that MBAM fills in the gaps left by antivirus programs. MBAM detected and removed such adware as Coupons, BHO, MyWebSearch, Iwon, 180Solutions, Hotbar, and Zango. Keep up the good work.

Last month, my mom got hit with Antivirus 2009. Thinking Antivirus 2009 was a true antivirus program, she paid $50 to activate its removal feature. A few days after she used the removal feature to remove the threats found by the rogue antivirus software, McAfee did its weekly scan and quarantined Antivirus 2009 after finding out it was a trojan. That's when I did research on Antivirus 2009 and found out it is a rogue antivirus program designed to make money out of you by infecting the computer and not allowing you to remove the infections until you pay the $50 to activate the removal feature. I wasn't aware of MBAM at the time. I found out about MBAM through the Comodo forums. MBAM removed the remainder of Antivirus 2009, i.e., the folder and the Start menu items pointing to the rogue antivirus software.

I wish the antivirus programs followed what MBAM is doing now. That way, no one would have been hit with rogue software.

I would definetely contact my credit card company and cancel that payment explaining to them that it was a case of fraud (which it was). Also, you may want to post here for each of the computers that you cleaned (yours and your mother's) to make sure they are clean: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=7 It is where the Malwarebyte's experts and creators hang out and help people ensure their systems are clear of infections, and if not, then they will tell you step by step what to do to get them there. To get started in the Malwarebytes HijackThis forum please read and follow the instructions here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2936 Good luck and safe surfing.