Signature

Why does my signature keep disappearing on this forum? I have posted a decent size signature on this forum for some time and it keeps being erased! What can I do to keep my signature. Is it possible my signature violated some community based rule for being too long? Please reply!

Why does my signature keep disappearing on this forum? I have posted a decent size signature on this forum for some time and it keeps being erased! What can I do to keep my signature. Is it possible my signature violated some community based rule for being too long? Please reply!

Assuming you aren't including links to commercial products or other violations, then perhaps either: 1) you have Javascript disabled or blocked in your browser, or perhaps 2) you aren't clicking the "update" box after you enter the text?

We may have to wait for an admin or mod to provide an official explanation, but these would be good to check in the interim.

daledoc1

<!--quoteo(post=387759:date=Feb 11 2011, 10:03 AM:name=Jack421)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jack421 @ Feb 11 2011, 10:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=387759"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why does my signature keep disappearing on this forum? I have posted a decent size signature on this forum for some time and it keeps being erased! What can I do to keep my signature. Is it possible my signature violated some community based rule for being too long? Please reply!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Assuming you aren't including links to commercial products or other violations, then perhaps either: 1) you have Javascript disabled or blocked in your browser, or perhaps 2) you aren't clicking the "update" box after you enter the text?

We may have to wait for an admin or mod to provide an official explanation, but these would be good to check in the interim.

daledoc1

What about youtube links I had a few url's in my signature! Would this count as a link to a commercial product!

What about youtube links I had a few url's in my signature! Would this count as a link to a commercial product!

I don't know for sure, but I would guess the YouTube links are a no-no.

Of course, the entire forum just underwent a platform upgrade this afternoon (as you probably noticed).

Most of us are still learning our way around the very new interface.

That said, I expect that the "rules" haven't changed.

On that, we'll need to wait for a mod or admin.

But did you check on those other 2 things I mentioned in my first post (making sure Javascript -- NOT Java -- is enabled for the site; and making sure you click on "save" or "update" or whatever the radio button is called now, to make sure your changes stick)?

daledoc1

My signature disappeared some time ago. I can't be here every day and I forgot about it. It is and has always been in my profile. At time I noticed mine had disappeared, it looked as though noone had a signature. So I thought there was a reason behind it, though I never could find a thread for it. Later I saw some did have one and some didn't. Didn't know if it was by choice or not.

Also got to thinking maybe to save bandwidth....