Update

I have had the paid version of Malwarebytes since 1/20/09. The program never updates automatically. The box is checked for auto update. My laptop with another paid version does update automatically. Wonder what the problem might be?

Hello Starfire and welcome to the Malwarebytes forums.

Scheduled updates can be accessed by going to the Protection Tab and clicking on the Scheduler button. Once there, you will need to create an update schedule that will allow for scheduled/automatic updates. If this is already set up, and is not working, try doing a manual update and see if you get any errors. If you continue to have issues, please report any errors you receive as well as a screen shot of your scheduled update settings..

Hi, I think this may be a problem with the program -- I had this very same issue and it was not resolved until I uninstalled MBAM and then did a clean install. Previously, I checked the update tab and it was set to auto-update. It worked for a bit, but stopped once the database updated then it never worked again. As I said, I had to reinstall it.

Just wanted to let you know in case there is a problem with the program itself....(although it's probably just me :)).

Hi, I think this may be a problem with the program -- I had this very same issue and it was not resolved until I uninstalled MBAM and then did a clean install. Previously, I checked the update tab and it was set to auto-update. It worked for a bit, but stopped once the database updated then it never worked again. As I said, I had to reinstall it.

Just wanted to let you know in case there is a problem with the program itself....(although it's probably just me :)).

Thanks. I will give that a try.

Uninstalling and re-installing will also reset the options to default. Default settings have auto update enabled. Below I have included instructions for clean installation.

Part 1: Run this clean up tool and allow a reboot when prompted. If this tool displays an error, continue on with reinstall please.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

Part 2: Install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by following the link below to be forwarded to one of our download mirrors (Please ignore all the ads and promotions. This download is free.).

http://malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Save the file to your desktop and double-click it to begin the installation, selecting options you desire when presented.

Part 3: (Users of the free version can ignore this step) Once installed, register the software with ID and key:

There should be an Malwarebytes' icon on the desktop, double-click that to open program. If there is no icon, you can go to:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware<<<<this folder... and double click the mbam icon in that folder

Once opened, click on the 'Register' button in the lower-left corner, and enter your ID and key.

Please make sure you are COPYING and PASTING the ID and key directly from the confirmation email into the proper fields. Please also make sure you are only including the letters and numbers and not the words ID or key. Finally, make sure you are not including additional spaces before or after the ID and Key.

If done correctly you should get it registered.

If you need your ID and key, please contact our payment processing partner - Cleverbridge:

http://www.cleverbridge.com/342/?scope=cuseco

Tech support does not have any access to, nor info pertaining to any sales\shipping\user account\registration issues.

Let us know if that solves the issue.

Followed your instructions; removed program completely then reinstalled. Just had a notice appear advising that Malwarebytes had updated. It appears the program is now updating automatically.

Thanks for your assistance.