How to remove AntiVira AV please!

Hello, you can try this here, ---> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...-antivirus-2009 is this what

you need ?

And make please this here, http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=69723

MAM

Well no that wont work. The newest version of this bug, namely AntiVira AV (2011 version) will not let you download or install anything. I am currently logged in Safe Mode and have managed to install there and am scanning but not sure it will clean this bug anyway - Safe Mode or not. Anything further from you or forum?

Hello, and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

As we don't deal with malware removal in the General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum, you need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.

You can follow the directions below and someone will assist you with running scans on your system to see if they can detect anything.

Please print out, read and follow the Directions HERE, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Thank you very much.

I just had a run-in with this one myself. I'm sharing my experience in case it can help anyone else. Mbam didn't find it, but I was able to manually get rid of it.

I see no signs of it now and no unusual processes running so I believe I got it all, but I'll defer to the experts here for more thorough removal instructions.

In the mean time, I'll tell you what I did to at least gain normal functionality of my computer.

Since this bug locks you out of task manager, here's how you can stop the process in Windows XP Pro. (FYI, XP Home doesn't have tasklist, XP Pro, Vista and 7 do)

Go to the Start Menu, select "Run" and type "cmd" and hit enter to open a command prompt.

Next, type "tasklist"

This will give you a list of active processes and a PID number for each

For me, identifying the rogue process was easy as it was the only process on my system that I didn't recognize. In my case, it was "mswqwbssika.exe" I would expect yours would be similarly named. If you're not sure, best to wait for one of the professionals here to either tell you which process it is, or better yet, they will have a full-suite of instructions for you to follow.

Now, if you are confident you have the right process singled out of the task list, note it's PID number and type the following:

"taskkill /PID XXX /f" where the XXX is the PID number of the process you wish to end.

Press Enter. That should kill the process and restore task manager functionality

Next, open up internet settings in the control panel.

Start --> Control Panel --> Internet Options

Click on the "Connections" tab.

At the bottom, you should see a button for "LAN Settings" Click it and make sure the ONLY item checked is "Automatically Detect Settings"

This should restore your browser functionality.

I opted to locate the exe file and delete it. You may want to wait for more specific steps from someone here, but just for posterity, here's what I did:

I located the exe in C:\Documents and Settings\*My user name*\\Local Settings\Temp\kuaunvifh\

Before deleting, I placed a copy of the exe in a zip file in case anyone wanted to analyze it. I then deleted the exe. After that, I ran a registry scan using Ccleaner and as expected, it found reg keys pointing to the now-missing exe file. I deleted those as well. I ran Mbam one more time (again, it didn't find anything) and I went over the log file looking for anything out of the ordinary. (I compared to previous clean logfiles as will as my own knowledge of what should be running on my system) No traces of the malware for now.

I just had a run-in with this one myself. I'm sharing my experience in case it can help anyone else. Mbam didn't find it, but I was able to manually get rid of it.

I see no signs of it now and no unusual processes running so I believe I got it all, but I'll defer to the experts here for more thorough removal instructions.

In the mean time, I'll tell you what I did to at least gain normal functionality of my computer.

Since this bug locks you out of task manager, here's how you can stop the process in Windows XP Pro. (FYI, XP Home doesn't have tasklist, XP Pro, Vista and 7 do)

Go to the Start Menu, select "Run" and type "cmd" and hit enter to open a command prompt.

Next, type "tasklist"

This will give you a list of active processes and a PID number for each

For me, identifying the rogue process was easy as it was the only process on my system that I didn't recognize. In my case, it was "mswqwbssika.exe" I would expect yours would be similarly named. If you're not sure, best to wait for one of the professionals here to either tell you which process it is, or better yet, they will have a full-suite of instructions for you to follow.

Now, if you are confident you have the right process singled out of the task list, note it's PID number and type the following:

"taskkill /PID XXX /f" where the XXX is the PID number of the process you wish to end.

Press Enter. That should kill the process and restore task manager functionality

Next, open up internet settings in the control panel.

Start --> Control Panel --> Internet Options

Click on the "Connections" tab.

At the bottom, you should see a button for "LAN Settings" Click it and make sure the ONLY item checked is "Automatically Detect Settings"

This should restore your browser functionality.

I opted to locate the exe file and delete it. You may want to wait for more specific steps from someone here, but just for posterity, here's what I did:

I located the exe in C:\Documents and Settings\*My user name*\\Local Settings\Temp\kuaunvifh\

Before deleting, I placed a copy of the exe in a zip file in case anyone wanted to analyze it. I then deleted the exe. After that, I ran a registry scan using Ccleaner and as expected, it found reg keys pointing to the now-missing exe file. I deleted those as well. I ran Mbam one more time (again, it didn't find anything) and I went over the log file looking for anything out of the ordinary. (I compared to previous clean logfiles as will as my own knowledge of what should be running on my system) No traces of the malware for now.

I'm out of luck right away since I'm running XP Home.

Hotkey your best course of action it to follow the instructions from Mainard above for the best instructions and removal of this malware. The experts are trained in the removal of malware and viruses and will help you get your computer back up and running smoothly....

PS: Please use the "ADDREPLY" t_reply.gif button instead of other ones when you start replying. :)