Can't Install malwarebytes - EVIL SPYWARE

Joe L.

So my buddy used my other pc and infected it with AV2009. I spent a few hours on it trying to get rid of it. I can't Install any program including this one. It re-routes my web browsing. I have read all of the removal processes with no luck on getting rid of it. I deleted all the registry entries from it (4). I deleted all the files i found listed for it - ieupdates.exe AV2009***.exe antivirus***.exe Deleted the directories that contained it. All this with no luck i am at my wits end with this and i am open to ANY help i can get. Please and thank you!! Let me know if you need any additional information

Hi, and Welcome to MalwareBytes :blink:

My name is jpshortstuff. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

• I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

Please download HijackThis version 2.0.2 and save the file to your desktop.

Download ComboFix by sUBs from here or here

Note: If you already have a copy of ComboFix on your system it is essential that you delete it before downloading this copy.

**Save it to your desktop**

We need to disable one or more of your security programs so that they do not interfere with ComboFix.

Please temporarily disable any real-time security programs you have, referring to this information if necessary.

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. If you are prompted to install the Recovery Console I recommend you go ahead and hit yes.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please save that log to post in your next reply.

Notes:

1. Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.
  2. ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making I-E the default browser.
  3. Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CD, floppy and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you - please let me know.
  4. ComboFix disconnects your machine from the internet when it runs. This connection should be automatically restored when ComboFix completes its run. If ComboFix runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.

Double click the HijackThis icon on your desktop and hit Do a System Scan and Save a Logfile and then copy and paste the log into a new reply, using the Add Reply button.

I need to see another log from HijackThis.

• Run Hijackthis.
  • Click on Open the Misc Tools section.
  • Next click on Open uninstall manager.
  • Press the Save list button.
  • Save the file to your desktop, with the default name of uninstall_list
  • Copy & Paste the entire contents of that file in your in your next post.

Thanks.

Finally was able to run Hijackthis. I could not however run combofix. I double clicked it and nothing would happen. Same thing happened when i tried to install hijackthis last time. Thank you for your help im lost at this point in recovering my system.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 3:42:55 PM, on 11/14/2008

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\imapi.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntos.exe,

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

O2 - BHO: Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - {A7327C09-B521-4EDB-8509-7D2660C9EC98} - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Toolbar\3.8.0\ViewBarBHO.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Viewpoint Toolbar - {F8AD5AA5-D966-4667-9DAF-2561D68B2012} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Viewpoint\Toolbar Runtime\3.8.0\IEViewBar.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: Create Mobile Favorite - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\INetRepl.dll

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\INetRepl.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Create Mobile Favorite... - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\INetRepl.dll

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe

O23 - Service: SiSoftware Database Agent Service (SandraDataSrv) - SiSoftware - C:\Program Files\SiSoftware\SiSoftware Sandra Lite XII.SP1\Win32\RpcDataSrv.exe

O23 - Service: SiSoftware Sandra Agent Service (SandraTheSrv) - SiSoftware - C:\Program Files\SiSoftware\SiSoftware Sandra Lite XII.SP1\RpcSandraSrv.exe

O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

--

End of file - 3738 bytes

Uninstall List

Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX

Adobe Reader 8.1.1

Apple Mobile Device Support

Apple Software Update

Call of Duty® 2

Call of Duty® 4 - Modern Warfare

Call of Duty® 4 - Modern Warfare 1.4 Patch

Chinese Traditional Fonts Support For Adobe Reader 8

Dell AIO Printer A920

DH Driver Cleaner Professional Edition

D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G122

FEARCombat

GameSpy Arcade

HijackThis 2.0.2

Hotfix for Windows XP (KB909394)

iTunes

Java 6 Update 2

Java 6 Update 3

Marvell Miniport Driver

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0

Microsoft ActiveSync 4.0

mIRC

Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.17)

News Rover

NewsBin Pro

NotePadSync

NVIDIA Drivers

NVIDIA nForce Drivers

PowerDVD

QuickPar 0.9

Realtek AC'97 Audio

Seismovision 3 (remove only)

SiSoftware Sandra Lite XII.SP1

Storm Codec

SWAT 4

Trillian

Ventrilo Client

VideoLAN VLC media player 0.8.6d

Viewpoint Manager (Remove Only)

Viewpoint Media Player

Viewpoint Toolbar

Virtual Earth 3D (Beta)

Windows Imaging Component

Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)

WinRAR archiver

Xfire (remove only)

Hi.

Ok, let's try a few things to get ComboFix to run.

First of all, please delete your existing copy of ComboFix.

Next, download Combofix from any of the links below. You must rename it before saving it (see pictures below). Save it to your desktop.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

CF_download_FF.gif

CF_download_rename.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Double click on Combo-Fix.exe & follow the prompts.

• When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt along with a HijackThis log so we can continue cleaning the system.

If that still doesn't work, please try in safe mode.

Boot into Safe Mode:

• Restart the computer.
  • As soon as BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the Advanced Options menu appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Safe mode menu item
  • Press Enter.

Give the renamed ComboFix a go now.

If that is still no luck please try this.

Please download DDS and save it to your desktop.

• Disable any script blocking protection
  • Double click dds.scr to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS.txt will open.
  • Click Yes at the next prompt for Optional Scan.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.

---------------------------------------------------

• Post the contents of the DDS.txt report in your next reply
  • Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by scroling down to the Attachments area and then clicking Browse. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Open and the click UPLOAD.

Thanks.

This bugger is pretty evil. I tried all the above with no sucess. I figured out what the virus/malware is Ntos.exe. This thing has disabled my system restore and prevented me from doing anything in the way of helping my system. I will save you and myself alot of time and just format this thing. Im afraid i caught this thing wayyy too late as every restart further embeds this bugger in the system and adds new parts to it.

• Root Admin

Since this issue is resolved I will close the thread to prevent others from posting into it. If you need assistance please start your own topic and someone will be happy to assist you.

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply to your machine unless you
Fully Understand

how these programs work and what you're doing. Please start a thread of your own and someone will be happy to help you, just follow the Pre-Hijackthis instructions found here before posting
Pre- HJT Post Instructions

Also don't forget that we offer
FREE
assistance with General PC questions and repair here
PC Help

If you're pleased with the product
Malwarebytes
and the service provided you, please let your friends, family, and co-workers know.
http://www.malwarebytes.org