constantly blocking out going IP access events

Good Morning!

I posted this in the General Forum, and it was suggested I come here for your review of my logs. I do not have any experience with hijack this, so you will need to coach me a bit. Computer just passed a MB full scan, log attached, thank you!

Several days ago MB starting blocking access to an ip 208.73.210.29 on two of my computers with the paid version of MB on them. It happens frequently while not using the internet. I read on a forum here that avg worked to elimnate it. I tried it worked for a day or two then it started blocking 208.87.149.250 instead. MB logs are attached. Is there any way to stop this from trying to connect all the time. Computer doesn't seem slow, but it must use some of its resources to continually do this. Thank You!

David

protection_log_2011_02_03.txt

mbam_log_2011_02_03__11_00_43_.txt

protection_log_2011_01_31.txt

protection_log_2011_02_03.txt

Good Morning,

I checked my modem info at IPCONFIG /all, and I have ftpdhcpuser not the ftrdhcpuser like the the other poster had. I assume this is just getting me a different ip blocking balloon. Is that correct? I read the link you sent me, sure doesn't speak well for frontier.....or my chances with them.

david

if you want to try and remove it on your own by following the directions in that link:

Open up a cmd (Dos) window and type ipconfig.

The IP address shown under gateway is the IP address of your router (e.g. 192.168.1.1).

Type this into the address bar of your web broswer and press enter. This should open up a window for you to log in to your router. The username is almost always admin; you'll have to look up the password.

I'm not sure what would be the outcome of a hard reset, but there is a reset button or reset hole to reset the modem to default.

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!