Database Optimizations again??

ShyWriter

Anybody else lose some Post count during the board slowness overnight?? I had 2200 when I logged off at midnight and 2111 when I logged in... Different day; same old stuff.. 89 posts went bye-bye..

@MT16: May be something to that :) technique after all.

:)

~Shy

Anybody else lose some Post count during the board slowness overnight?? I had 2200 when I logged off at midnight and 2111 when I logged in... Different day; same old stuff.. 89 posts went bye-bye..

~Shy

To be honest with you Shy, I did 'nt notice any post lost but it could be that I do'nt notice the amount posts that I've racked up ( one of the small things I do not take into account). :)

Guest garybear
Garybear did lose a few posts. I do not think I lost any.

:)

Hello friend.

I doubt if much was lost. Post counts don't interest me. Not smart enough to have a ego :) Just want to be liked here and be able to agree to disagree on some things that are important to me. :) :)

Guest garybear

Hello!!

I'm just as guilty as everyone else about this , but maybe we all should read no.5 of this thread and decide if we are really adding any thing positive or just posting for post count.

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=16361

Every time you post, your post count goes up by one. Some people seem to think that the higher the post count, the more worthy and valuable they are to society at large. Frankly, the exact opposite seems to be the case; posting just to up your count is insanely annoying, so make sure all your messages add to a discussion in some way. If you're replying in a thread, make sure what you're writing is funny, interesting or funny and interesting.

I don't think I lost any, but I don't really care that much if I do.

@Shy, huh, what did you mean? If you mean when I reply to jokes, I reply with :) or whatever emoticon(s) suit my reply, because either I find it funny, laughed out loud for real, or something like that.. I don't see anything wrong with that :) I'm certainly not doing so to up my post count, not at all.

Guest garybear
I don't think I lost any, but I don't really care that much if I do.

@Shy, huh, what did you mean? If you mean when I reply to jokes, I reply with :) or whatever emoticon(s) suit my reply, because either I find it funny, laughed out loud for real, or something like that.. I don't see anything wrong with that :) I'm certainly not doing so to up my post count, not at all.

Hello friend!!

Please disregard my reply to this topic. I was quoting Ron. The quote came from the thread, (How to behave on the forum) . I personally don't see any thing wrong with your reply's.

It wasn't Shy that posted that reply, it was me. I know your not posting to up your post count.

My reply was to anyone that thinks post count is important and think it might get them a staff job (It won't)

It was not my place to reply the way I did, and I'm sorry that I did.

I know you aren't looking for a staff job and neither am I!!

Please don't stop posting because of my reply to this topic. That would break my heart mountaintree. Some times this forum can get a little hateful to members that only want to help and promote this forum and MBAM. Believe me

I've felt that hate many times.

My goal is to make MBAM the best it can be and I know you fell the same way.

If I have hurt your feeling my good friend , please for give me. It wasn't my intention. I'm very very sorry.

Things don't always come out the way you were expecting them to be received.

I hope I have corrected my self. I love you my friend