Trojan.FakeAlert - cannot delete

else

When I do a scan the following is reported:

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VSPlugin (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Reported as being deleted but after a reboot when I do another scan the same thing is reported. It must be recreating itself????

How can I get rid of this or is it not a real problem?

Thanks

Else

mbam_log_2008_11_11__23_46_57_.txt

mbam_log_2008_11_11__23_46_57_.txt

You've scanned with an old signature version. The latest version is 1388...please run a manual update and rescan. Post back THAT log. Thanks!

I downloaded latest update. Ran scan again and this time all malicious files were deleted. Thanks very much for that.

Else

This issue appears resolved and the thread is closed to prevent others from posting here.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply the instructions from this thread to your own machine. Please start a new thread describing your issue and someone will be along to assist you.