Can't Install malwarebytes - EVIL SPYWARE

Joe L.

So my buddy used my other pc and infected it with AV2009. I spent a few hours on it trying to get rid of it. I can't Install any program including this one. It re-routes my web browsing. I have read all of the removal processes with no luck on getting rid of it. I deleted all the registry entries from it (4). I deleted all the files i found listed for it - ieupdates.exe AV2009***.exe antivirus***.exe Deleted the directories that contained it. All this with no luck i am at my wits end with this and i am open to ANY help i can get. Please and thank you!! Let me know if you need any additional information

If you can not download the product, please use another computer to download it and transfer it to the infected computer. If you can not install the product, rename the setup files and see if that works.

I downloaded it with my other computer already and tried to install it. i run the exe and nothiing happens. I tried it on this computer and it works perfectly.

Requires access to a working computer with a CD/DVD burner to create a bootable CD.

http://www.free-av.com/en/tools/12/avira_antivir_rescue_system.html' rel="external nofollow">
  • Avira AntiVir Rescue System
    Avira AntiVir Rescue System is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore. Thus it is possible to:

repair a damaged system,

rescue data,

scan the system for virus infections.

Just double-click on the rescue system package to burn it to a CD/DVD. You can then use this CD/DVD to boot your computer.
The Avira AntiVir Rescue System is updated several times a day so that the most recent security updates are always available.

You should probably try burning the cd from a non infected computer, I have heard reports of this rootkit causing problems otherwise.

After following the above instructions, install MBAM on the affected computer, update it, and scan, reboot once you have done so if asked, and scan again. Provide logs of both scans; you can find older logs on the logs tab in the mbam program and we'll go from there.

This is a known issue having to do with a known rootkit, this modified version is able to prevent our installation, and several others as well. In the future, please start your own thread for help. I request that you make your reply as a fresh post in the hijackthislog thread.