Need help with error code: 2

Hi

I bought this program yesterday, and have problems with the safety settings.

The protection module is shutting of and I get this message: ( open event ) failed to peform desired action error code: 2

I use Avira antivir Premium and Spyboot - search&destroy with teatimer.

After this message I must restart the protection module again, and after a while I get the same message again.

The program wouldn,t update, or scan after the settings I have peformed.

What,s wrong, is it the teatimer which makes this problems?

Sincerly

Celcius

Hi

I have been searching around in this forum and I think I found the answer here:

If you are having any problems with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware protection please do the following.

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility.

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here.

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via e-mail.

I have uninstalled Malwarebytes, restart computer, downloaded and run nr 3. ( utility ), and last restarted the computer again.

I don,t get any messages about errors now, ( 3 - 4 hours since uninstalling / reinstall ), and I hope it will function now.

sincerly

Celcius

• 1 year later...

Hi. I'm having the same problem that celcius described in his original (11/2008) post, but I can't find the nr 3 utility that he said he used to solve the problem. Please let me know if there's a link I can download it from (or some other way I can get it).

Thanks.

Number 3 is the MBAM clean utility. Just click on the blue link to download it.

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.
  2. Restart your computer (very important).
  3. Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe
  4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).
  5. Then download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here, install it and update it, then run a quick scan.

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem. I also got other error codes for this event. I also found the Protection check box was empty and it was Red indicating MalwareBytes was not protecting my PC any more. Every attempt to check this box failed.

Finally, using another anti virus program (I dont know if I am allowed to mention the suite here!) I found out my PC was infected (most likely on 2011Oct09) by BOOT:Tldserv (aka Allureon) which was removing the Protection from MalwareBytes automatically. Once I killed the virus and reinstalled MalwareBytes the problem vanished.

It was perplexing that this nasty virus which first occured in Feb/Mar 2010 can still evade MalwareBytes latest version as of 2011Oct11 even in full scan. I hope Malwarebytes org addresses this issue. Thanks.