Help Flashing/Updating BIOS

bubbleboi

Ok here is the prob. My system manufacturer is the Biostar Group and i need help flashing/updating my bois. I recently did a clean install from xp to windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. I now i am having motherboard/bios trouble. Biostar website is no good or its too complicated. Can sum1 with knowledge on this please help me out. A full copy of system info is attached.

[system Summary]

Item Value

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name MAPPINC-PC

System Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group

System Model NF61S-M2A

System Type X86-based PC

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+, 2400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 18/10/2007

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale Trinidad y Tobago

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"

User Name MappINC-PC\Mapp INC

Time Zone SA Western Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 2.00 GB

Available Physical Memory 1.12 GB

Total Virtual Memory 4.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 2.88 GB

Page File Space 2.00 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

sysinfo.txt

Ok here is the prob. My system manufacturer is the Biostar Group and i need help flashing/updating my bois. I recently did a clean install from xp to windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. I now i am having motherboard/bios trouble. Biostar website is no good or its too complicated. Can sum1 with knowledge on this please help me out. A full copy of system info is attached.

Hello bubbleboi:

Why do you believe you need to update your BIOS?

The risk of failure during a BIOS update can not be discounted.

Have you installed all the other motherboard specific, Windows 7 related drivers from the Biostar website?

Specifically, what troubles or failures are you experiencing?

Well 1PW...

1) I think I need to update the BIOS cuz I never did, and my computer is about 4 years old now.

2) I know its risky but I just wanna know if anything can be done, that does not mean i'll do it.

3) No I dod not install anything from the biostar website. I find that website hard to navigate what im looking for. Or maybe i'm a novice

4) The main troubles I'm experiencing is that sumtimes my computer takes forever (30 mins) to start up. Sumtimes it stays about 1 minute on the POST screen (which should be taking 1 second!) Sumtimes it take very long at the "loading windows" stage, sumtimes it take long at the "welcome" stage and stays there until i press the power button to force a shut down. Sumtimes it takes about 30mins to load the desktop then it stops responding and crashes, with the processor light continuously on. The key word here is SUMTIMES, meaning most times. I have to cross my fingers for a normal boot up.

Hello bubbleboi:

In as much as you may require at least six RAR compressed downloads, it would probably be best if you contact Biostar's E-Support and identify your system's motherboard with the greatest accuracy.

At the same time, it might be best if you pose a question, to them, regarding the possible update of your bios.

Biostar's E-Support just might suggest a specific order for your driver installations. Examining a random Biostar driver shows that their installation simply involves launching an extracted executable.

Biostar E-Support Portal

HTH